Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real life experience with Xcelerate warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to add a couple more data points.

I have XCare for my MX and have filed two claims successfully. The first was for a daytime running light that went out and the second was for a replacement AP chip. Both of my experiences were pretty smooth and as long as you follow the instructions for initiating a claim you should not anticipate any problems getting reimbursed.

As with all purchased warranties, your hope should actually be that it is a bad investment. You don't want to deal with the inconvenience of the repairs and the deductible. However, if repairs do become necessary, then it sure feels good to have the coverage.

I am very satisfied with XCare so far and will be recommending it to family and friends. As others have mentioned, Brent S. has been awesome and anyone thinking about adding this coverage should reach out to him. He is extremely responsive.

Reactions: madhat7998
Yet another reason to consider XCare, Tesla just raised prices once again for the Extended Service Agreement:

1658327594444.png

Not only are we VERY competitive on price, but we have the same coverage terms, half the deductible ($100 vs $200) and can cover your Tesla up to 180k miles.

Also, we extend the same level of coverage to Model 3 and Model Y, so now every Tesla owner has access to world class coverage.

Check out our new website, where you can take the entire customer journey from quote to purchase: www.xcelerateauto.com/xcare
(California and Missouri customers can take the whole journey except checkout, at which point we reach out to finalize the process)

Wishing everyone in our Tesla family a great week!

Attachments

• 1658252298873.png
    1658252298873.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Stay tuned, we're finalizing with our partners at AmTrust to provide this coverage, should have solid info by Summer! At this time, we are only able to go back 5 model years (2017s and newer) and pricing isn't yet in stone. Big stuff coming for our members!
Brent, I definitely want to add drive train and battery coverage to my existing extended warranty on my 2017 S but how does that work if you are only going back 5 years but I still have 3 years on my Tesla drivetrain and battery warranty?

Reactions: XCare EV
Does anyone know if it covers the yellowing of the screen that happens to the MS?
Hi, happy to help!

XCare is a mechanical/electrical warranty that covers the same components as the Tesla ESA and is available to all owners (not just Models X/S).
The screen yellowing you described is a cosmetic issue that, although somewhat unsightly does not affect the performance of the touch screen.
Thankfully, there is a remedy available at your local Service Center that applies UV light to "burn" the microorganisms that cause the yellowing.

Cheers!

I hear this a lot. "I just bought my EV, so I don't have to think about an extended warranty for a long time..."
Here are a couple reasons why you might want to reconsider...

Hi folks, Brent Seavey here with XCare EV Protection, the first and only dedicated EV-only warranty, with a little XCare 101.

Extended Coverage pricing is based on vehicle age and starting miles at the time of purchase, and takes into account existing factory warranty coverage (time and miles remaining on the OEM warranty).

If you are a very light user (5-7k miles/year) then you will run out of time on your factory warranty long before you reach the maximum miles. If you only intend on keeping the car until your factory coverage lapses, you have no need for an extended warranty.
However, if you are a buy-and-hold car buyer who likes to keep your vehicles a long time, then purchasing a 10yr/75k warranty will cover your vehicle for 10 years of ownership, and allow plenty of miles for your light use case. You will also lock in today's pricing, and save hundreds off of equivalent coverage purchased at the end of your factory warranty coverage. (for a 4 year/50k factory warranty, equivalent coverage would be 6yrs or 50k miles+ purchased when your factory warranty expires).

If you are a heavy user, BUY NOW. You know who you are, you're the person who rolls 15-25k miles/year (or more) and will burn through your factory warranty coverage in 2-3 years time (or sooner).
The average Model 3/ID4/Mach-e owner in this category will save between $800-$1900 purchasing before 5k miles than purchasing equivalent coverage at the end of the factory warranty. Heavier users still (25k miles/year+) and Model S/ModelX/iPace/Rivian/Lucid Air Owners will have even greater savings.

Then there are the spot-on "national average" drivers who drive 12k miles/year, plus or minus a few. If you only hold your cars for 3-4 years, your factory coverage is more than sufficient for your use case for just about every factory warranty in the marketplace today.
However, if you like to private sell your vehicles at the end of your journey, having an extended warranty to offer a private buyer as a negotiation point may make your vehicle more attractive than others in the market at the same time (or you can get a prorated refund if your buyer is not interested).

Hope this is helpful, and we invite you to visit our new website at EV Extended Warranty | Xcelerate Auto - xcelerateauto.com for more info, insight, FAQs and our 100% transparent pricing. Have a great weekend!