Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real life range figures?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will do when I get the upgrade.

I've made my trip from Dubbo to Bathurst via Mudgee from 99% charge to 21% at a total of 258.6km. The typical range started 376 down to 71 1 stop for 10 minutes. The statistics shows ive used 54.7kw for the trip. We had air con on first 20 mins only. After that fan

P85d with 85kw battery i would assume that my 79% usage is about 66.3kw which is different from the 54.7kw used above. Is this normal or extra degradation?

Will do when I get the upgrade.

I've made my trip from Dubbo to Bathurst via Mudgee from 99% charge to 21% at a total of 258.6km. The typical range started 376 down to 71 1 stop for 10 minutes. The statistics shows ive used 54.7kw for the trip. We had air con on first 20 mins only. After that fan

P85d with 85kw battery i would assume that my 79% usage is about 66.3kw which is different from the 54.7kw used above. Is this normal or extra degradation?

A P85D has a 82kwh battery with 76kwh usable when new, with battery degradation that could now be down to 70kwh usable, the good news is the battery loss slows down significantly after the first 80,000kms.

Cool results!

Planning some future trips once I get ccs2. Not sure with covid I want to travel to the SC and public transport home. Again won't be travelling for a while. Ive played with the figures like reference and battery degradation to get closer figures.

The last stretch home had some good results. A bit of bonus downhill.

20210103_201652.jpg

Attachments

• 20210103_201652.jpg
    20210103_201652.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 58
I charged up to 100% the other day after I had it below 5% when I got home.

An hour after charging I took it for a local drive. 110km later down to 56% ? I still feel something isn't right

Did that 110km drive take the battery down from 100% to 56%?
I'm assuming the 110kms since last charge wasn't one continuos drive considering the last trip was 1.6km, how often did you stop and for how long? There could be a lot of vampire drain not recorded during driving.
Your best test is to charge to 100% and drive off straight away, without stopping keep going until you have 50% remaining and record the kWh consumed, it's not perfectly accurate but will give a reasonable idea of how the battery is holding up. Don't be concerned with the wh/km consumed, that's a completly different subject matter.

Speaking of range... saw this for the first time. I'm guessing wind resistance over 95 km/h is the killer...

Only thing is the highway is 110km/h, so i'm sure if you went 95 km/h you'd make lots of enemy's on the drive..

Anyway... we did a interim charge and didn't risk it.

upload_2021-1-17_22-22-43.png

Yes charged to 100% but was already on 99 by the time I unplugged the charger and locked the house.

Yes did 3 trips. And maybe the car sat parked for 4 or 5 hours in an underground car park so not in the sun. The list trip was just back from the local shops for milk and bread

Mine is an older S 2015 P85D with MCU1 and AP1. no sentry or other fancy features. energy saver is on but i have always connected ticked.

Ive also noticed... my charging starts ad midnight, so give it 2-3 hours charging to bring it lets say 85%, when i leave between 7 and 8 am the battery would of dropped down to 82%.

Maybe im just over thinking all of this