Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real Matte Carbon Fiber Dash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They bought it, and a steering wheel off eBay from me. Id have to dive through my listings to see fees.
Did you just contact them and say you have a dash to sell? I know they request OEM dashes be sent to them when people buy their dash, but I would be much more inclined to purchase an Aroham one and then sell my OEM one to RPM.

Did you just contact them and say you have a dash to sell? I know they request OEM dashes be sent to them when people buy their dash, but I would be much more inclined to purchase an Aroham one and then sell my OEM one to RPM.

I just run an eBay store thats pretty well established. I sell everything on it, including a lot of Tesla stuff. They just happened to see a few of my items on there, and grab them.

Like right now, in fact, Im selling another wheel (heated off another Model Y LR), white carbon fiber steering wheel trim, matte black carbon fiber steering wheel trim, Tesla branded dash mat for 3/Y, center console organizer, matte black spoiler for 3/Y, a steering wheel cell phone mount/charger for 3/Y...

I get a lot of companies grabbing stuff to repurpose from me, actually.

Reactions: samori01
I went with a dash from Hansshow. They recently added a "3D Dry Carbon Fiber" option. I wasn't sure what it was when I selected that option, but it turned out to be low gloss and textured. You can feel the weave if you run your hand across the dash. Had it been described better I probably would not have order the 3D option, but looking at it in the car I am happy that I did.
Dash 1.jpg
Dash 3.jpg
dash 2.jpg

I went with a dash from Hansshow. They recently added a "3D Dry Carbon Fiber" option. I wasn't sure what it was when I selected that option, but it turned out to be low gloss and textured. You can feel the weave if you run your hand across the dash. Had it been described better I probably would not have order the 3D option, but looking at it in the car I am happy that I did.
View attachment 814717View attachment 814718View attachment 814719

Wow! You can see the weave like its 3D, for sure! Looks good!

Wow! You can see the weave like its 3D, for sure! Looks good!
Thanks! I wasn’t sure if the texture of the weave came through well in the pictures. I watched your carbon fiber steering wheel video. That looks great. It really ties the look together. I’d like to do something similar, but I’m not up to the install though. I’d have to find a shop to install it.

View attachment 814717View attachment 814718View attachment 814719
Is that a dash cover or the full dash?

Final pics of the dashboard and steering wheel and a gratuitous pic of my new blue calipers, freshly painted.

Steering wheel had a couple issues, namely both joy button inserts had stripped screws. One of them I literally had to cut the plastic on. As usual, Aroham/Greecar offered their infamous "$15" rebate. Other than that the steering wheel looks pretty decent. The dashboard I can live with, I'm 90% sure I'm the only person that will notice the imperfections. But not sure I would recommend Aroham or Greecar going foward, not without a YMMV with it.

1655502600037.png

1655502649449.png

I almost ordered the door trim with my dash before I realized that it wouldn't fit my Y. I think the option below will fit North American Model Y's, but I like it less.

Almost did the same.

And I agree, that looks odd to me. Especially in gloss. I can't imagine having the dash in gloss and the sides under the windows in gloss, that must reflect like crazy.

My Aroham experience was just ok. The forged dash was wrong in every way. The overall build on the forged carbon was not what I expected. Looks like they laid carbon bits over black abs but didn't cover the whole panel with carbon so you can see pure black spots. Stick to matte or gloss carbon. That's not the worse part, they sent me one with both left hand and right hand drive cutout.

PXL_20220618_155257423.MP~2.jpg

They asked me to unweld the silver trim and mount mine, which I didn't have a plastics welder , nor wanted to do that. During this time I found a cheap wooden dash and bought that for the time being. They finally asked me if I wanted a matte carbon fiber dash as a replacement and agreed to that.

PXL_20220702_193757530.MP.jpg

OEM Wood dash on white interior. Help reduce the glare on the tints, but the wife didn't like the contrast on white.

PXL_20220704_134404145.MP.jpg

Finally matte carbon

PXL_20220705_152924832.MP.jpg

The quality on the matte carbon is on par with everyone else. Now I have a spare Wood dash, maybe I'll wrap it with alcantara fabric.

My Aroham experience was just ok. The forged dash was wrong in every way. The overall build on the forged carbon was not what I expected. Looks like they laid carbon bits over black abs but didn't cover the whole panel with carbon so you can see pure black spots. Stick to matte or gloss carbon. That's not the worse part, they sent me one with both left hand and right hand drive cutout.

View attachment 825339

They asked me to unweld the silver trim and mount mine, which I didn't have a plastics welder , nor wanted to do that. During this time I found a cheap wooden dash and bought that for the time being. They finally asked me if I wanted a matte carbon fiber dash as a replacement and agreed to that.

View attachment 825340

OEM Wood dash on white interior. Help reduce the glare on the tints, but the wife didn't like the contrast on white.

View attachment 825342
Finally matte carbon

View attachment 825343
The quality on the matte carbon is on par with everyone else. Now I have a spare Wood dash, maybe I'll wrap it with alcantara fabric.

Wow, that is a disaster. At least the CF dash looks decent, and at least they sent it as opposed to the "will give you $15" they usually do. You know, because it's "hand made so can't be perfect".