TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

REAL Pictures of Model S

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by AnOutsider, Mar 23, 2012.

1. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

#1 AnOutsider, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
    So with the studio here and more and more folks looking to make a decision on their color, I figured we could start a thread with REAL pics of the Model S (no renders, actual pictures taken in person).

I'll kick it off with pics I've collected from various posts from the sig color event last weekend and others I've collected over time. Let's try to keep these to recent pics!

If any of the photogs want their pics removed or credited just send me a message and apologies in advance.

all.jpg

Silver:
    _MG_0859.jpg silver.jpg silver3.jpg IMG_2588.JPG [​IMG]
    silver-perf.JPG

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

#2 AnOutsider, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

#3 AnOutsider, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 15, 2012
    Black
    black.jpg black2.jpg [​IMG]

Sorry, didn't bookmark many black since it wasn't a top color for me. I've seen some around the boards though and I'll find and link 'em

*edit* More from you guys:

View attachment 6062

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

#4 AnOutsider, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
    Red
    Similar story with the red, I wasn't really considering it, so I didn't bookmark many photos of it. I'll add as I find and as others post.

n6PP.jpg 01-tesla-model-s-beta-fd.jpg 08-tesla-model-s-beta-fd.jpg Tesla_Model_S_01.jpg
    View attachment 5035

Some new ones spotted @ the store by blurry:

Red48.jpg Vin 48 near shot.JPG

Green
    7395855880_ab90e99b5e_h.jpg
    green.JPG
    green2.JPG

Blue
    7398173550_90aedded9e_h.jpg
    blue.JPG

Brown
    brown.JPG

Dolphin Gray
    gray.JPG
    gray2.JPG

5. pxy

pxy Member

It's pretty easy to tell, but the two middle images of Signature Red aren't very color accurate (less magenta) and indeed the paint in person looks more like the top and bottom. In full daylight there is spectacular depth to the red. What's the opinion of Tesla Silver on Model S?

6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

@pxy - In daylight is the sparkle of the first image in the thread still noticeable or is it muted because the red is simply too bright?

7. DrDave

DrDave Member

IMO the daylight really brings out the sparkle of the Red, makes it look great. One of the Tesla folk said something about the Sig Red having "glass flakes" in it that really pick up the sunlight.

8. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

#8 Norbert, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
    My signature red photo is colorwise a bit between those above, but more like the first and last. [EDIT: Now #1 and #4 in post #4]

View attachment 5035

On the pearl white one you can see that one of the lights at the Santana Row event is a bit colored (a bit sunset like).

View attachment 5036

9. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

I wish we had some pics of the interior/exterior of the performance version. :-(

10. bint2k

bint2k Member

how does the black car look in person?

11. pxy

pxy Member

Maybe sparkle isn't the right word-I don't think it's intended to be a metallic. The last picture I feel is spot on, now if I can just dig up more pictures of it. From the color pallet at least, Red is really the only color that is offered until blue starts to surface.

12. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Thanks Norbert, I added the pics to the respective posts. In the white pic, was the hood popped? I'm noticing more and more that panel gap seems to be a visual issue with the white car that I don't notice on the other colors. At first I thought the hatch or frunks were open, but then I noticed it on the doors of the first white pic I posted as well.

13. Jkam

Jkam Member

The black looks sweet in real person. In fact all of the cars look better live than in studio.

My wife said, "red looks like a sedan, black looks like a sportscar." I kind of agree with her, but I'm not sure I have the diligence to keep a black exterior car super clean all the time.

14. pxy

pxy Member

My opinion with black is that it's all about the chrome: around the windows, under the door, nose cone, rear diffuser, logos. When you go to look at a black S, you end up drawn to looking at the 21" wheels or the DRL's. And the chrome (which is real).
    And you can really go to town with it and do piano black accents, black interior, performance wheels, pano roof (or black, same look), heck even the underside come black standard...

15. Beavis

Beavis Signature 991

Tell your wife that limos come in black and sports cars come in red. :)

16. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Threads months old, but there are few pics of silver and Tesla added one: [​IMG]

17. crzyskl

crzyskl P6398

Everytime the Oakbrook store gets a new color, I go to check it out, I was between Green, Blue and White for my colors, but when I saw the black in person, I am all-in on the black and think that is the color ill go with.

The black does look more like a sports car, if I was a sig i would be very interested in the Red, saw it today and its a deep sexy color, looks great!!

I had problems coming up with an interior configuration that I liked for the Blue, thats another reason its out of my choices, do still want to see the green tho!

18. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

I went looking at the white pictures for these gaps and... now I'm seeing it. It isn't just the white cars, I think, nor really that noticeable. It is like the sync lines in trinatron monitors -- you don't see them until somebody points them out to you, and after that it is easy to see.

19. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Member

Thank you all for the good work. In Europe I don't espect to see a model S for some time now, so the pictures really mean something to me. Thanks.

20. Blurry_Eyed

Blurry_Eyed MS Sig #267, MX Sig # 761

Pictures of the White Performance Model S with the Carbon Fiber interior. C&W 003.jpg C&W 002.jpg C&W 005.jpg