Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

REAL Pictures of Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_7287.JPG
IMG_7288.JPG
IMG_7289.JPG
IMG_7290.JPG
IMG_7292.JPG

Done :)

I've never wanted a red car. I've had grey, blue, silver and green. That Sunset Red is changing my mind. Model S is fast and fun enough so why not? The name makes me think of the sunset of ICE cars.:eek:

Hope it comes to Bellevue.

Signature Red is the limited color. The Sunset (read bright) Red will be available in 2013 I think.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying, I'll try again. :)

Options:
A: Buy the Sig to get the Sig-exclusive cream interior. Pay an extra $12k for custom exterior paint, asking for Sunset Red.
B: Buy the Sunset Red non-Sig when available. Pay extra to a 3rd party to replace the interior with a custom white.
C. Buy the Sig to get the Sig-exclusive cream interior. Pay extra to a 3rd party for re-paint or wrap in Sunset Red lookalike.

Edit: Option A is no longer available. Added option C.

Last edited:
I was pretty set in getting the S in black with white as a close second... after seeing these pictures i'm pretty sure I will be getting a brown or gray one. Both were never even considered by only seeing them in the design studio.

I am in the same boat. I have always wanted a white car with black interior, but with wanting a manual more, they have never had one on the lot. I bought my first car 2 days before my first job (out of college) started. And my second car about 2 days before my insurance stopped paying for the rental car.

But that grey looks so nice. And my current car which I love is a similar grey. I am just looking at ANOTHER $750 now. :scared:

What did people think of the Sig Red with performance wheels (if that was there)? I think I'm going to switch back to performance wheels.

The Sig Red for the test drives had Silver wheels.

For those interested in Brown, 'Dutch Solar' had posted really good ones earlier on this thread.

And, this is very much my own opinion but, somehow, the grey seemed a lot more bland in person than the way it looks in the pics. More so in bright sunlight... Again, that's probably just me.

What did people think of the Sig Red with performance wheels (if that was there)? I think I'm going to switch back to performance wheels.

It wasn't there, but there was at least one at the event on Friday. I was extremely concerned because I, like you, ordered the Sig Red with perf wheels, and when EVERYONE started saying how much better the red looked with silver (and you and others started changing your orders) I almost pulled the trigger. Now I'm glad I didn't because I think the perf wheels look good with any color, including the red. The only color I might consider getting the silver would be if the car were black, but with red, white or grey I think the perf wheels look awesome.

Obviously this is all subjective based on what anyone thinks looks nice, but if you like the perf wheels, I think they look as good on the Sig red as they do on the white, so if you like the grey wheels better you should switch back to what your first choice/instinct was.

I wonder if it'll be that long. AO, you are in the middle of the Sig pack and I think you originally reserved a low P back in late March, '09, right?! You should be able to get back your original P # and save a pile of money while getting the Brown non-Sig Perf just 3-4 weeks later!

Having paid for a Sig brown, I have this: The word is that "all the colors won't suddenly be available at the end of the Signature run". It will take time to set them up, one at a time. No one knows at present what color will be added or when, and brown, or blue, or green, or grey, will be months after the Sig run. All these cars were done as custom colors, hand painted. They did not go through the robot paint line. The only paints the robots have been programmed for are black, white, silver, and Sig Red, which will go away.

Don't plan on getting any color you want at the head of the P list.

Having paid for a Sig brown, I have this: The word is that "all the colors won't suddenly be available at the end of the Signature run". It will take time to set them up, one at a time. No one knows at present what color will be added or when, and brown, or blue, or green, or grey, will be months after the Sig run. All these cars were done as custom colors, hand painted. They did not go through the robot paint line. The only paints the robots have been programmed for are black, white, silver, and Sig Red, which will go away.

"Months after" puts us into 2013; I think maybe weeks away is closer. AFAIK, the black, pearlized white and silver are holdovers from the Sig. production, these will not be going away and perhaps would be the first Production colors to be produced due to the paint line already being setup for these colors.

Last edited:

Paid for a sig brown? How'd that work? Also, as someone noted, don't the European and Canadian guys need those sig colors? Will they go away AFTER? Also, sig red is the only one not purchasable, so surely the other colors will stay?

In any case, I'll stick with sig red. If my wife ends up liking it maybe we'll get a Model S 2.0 down the road in brown (or hopefully something equally sexy exists on the X). As for my sig, there's always wrap jobs.