TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Real Time Delivery Updates

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Nate977p, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Nate977p

Nate977p Member

Hello all,
    I have been waiting as many of you have and reading the forums constantly. I think I finally have some movement! I wanted to create a thread to outline my real time delivery path for others as it seems most people either post when they get a VIN and go silent, or when they get delivery. So here is the process I am experiencing for all interested!

3/31/16 - Line Waiter (1st in country, Tented 3 days in Dedham :))
    2/22/18 - Invited to config
    5/20/18 - Configed AWD
    6/26/18 - Configed to P3D+
    7/29/18-8/6/18 - Called about 10 times, emailed, went to two stores to see if changing to white would lose me lifetime connectivity and supercharging (I had no where to pur a referral in if I had to as the update would have been post 8/1).
    8/08/18 - Changed to white interior (Tesla salesperson called from store and did it for me). This changed my delivery from Aug-Oct to Oct-Dec. They told me it should not take that long and will keep internet and supercharging (w/o referral)
    08/10/18 10AMEST - Asked to upload info on trade-in and edit button disappeared. Updated trade info

11:30 EST: Called Tesla, they said I have a VIN. They can't see it, but I should receive a call in 24-48 hours.

2. Nate977p

Nate977p Member

Another reason for this thread is I am out of town for almost a month and it will be interesting to see how that impacts this...

3. jdmasters

jdmasters Member

what color you getting?

4. bradhs

bradhs Member

Makes sense since they seem to only be making white interior P3D's.