Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

real world all models 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that everyone has begun to drive these cars quickly and been testing them I'm wondering if we can get a sense of the real 0-60 and /14 mile times for each model... i know the drag times did a test and the performance 85 ran a 12.371 @110 with a 0-60 of 3.9 seconds... that video can be found here http://www.dragtimes.com/2012-Tesla-Model-S-Videos-25157.html.... they also tested a model 60kwh and got a 0-60 in 5.1 (quarter in 13.7) that can be found here http://www.dragtimes.com/blog/tesla-model-s-60-kwh-vs-tesla-model-s-85-kwh-performance... HOWEVER has anyone ran anything with the non-performance 85kwh ?? can't seem to find a 0-60 or a quarter mile ...( has to be less then 5.1 in the 0-60) but curious by how much... anyone try this or seen a real world test of either the 1/4 or even better a 0-60?

It seems the motor trend car was from december of 2012... (before any software upgrades)... if the 60 kwh is 60hp less then the 85 and has 8 foot poundsless of torque from the non-performance 85 kwh then it seems logical it should cut more then 1 tenth of a second off the 0-60 of the 85kwh (mostly in the 30-60 section using the 60hp the most)... logically as well the times tesla shows on their website is 5 tens of a second difference between the 60 and the 85 from 0-60... which would put the newer 85 kwh non performance closer to 4.6... that is why i would love to see of anyone has tried it yet recently ????

It seems the motor trend car was from december of 2012... (before any software upgrades)... if the 60 kwh is 60hp less then the 85 and has 8 foot poundsless of torque from the non-performance 85 kwh then it seems logical it should cut more then 1 tenth of a second off the 0-60 of the 85kwh (mostly in the 30-60 section using the 60hp the most)... logically as well the times tesla shows on their website is 5 tens of a second difference between the 60 and the 85 from 0-60... which would put the newer 85 kwh non performance closer to 4.6... that is why i would love to see of anyone has tried it yet recently ????

There is added weight between the 85 and 60 that could be the reason for a higher number than expected. Would be nice to see someone do a few runs to give us something firm.

weight difference is only 185 lbs (a passenger roughly) ... so I think the actual number is still going to be .5 seconds less then the 60... or am i missing something ... since tesla always has it a half a second slower... the 60 hp should help the 30-60 mph and torque is still higher on the 85

forgot to add... the 85 kwh has 20% more horse power then the 60 kwh (along with a little more torque) ... logic, and common sense tell me it's gotta be more then one tenth of a second faster in 0-60 and two tenths of a second faster in the 1/4 mile... nrcooled what % charged was your car when you made that run? would love to see at least a vbox run on a fully charged 85 kWh

forgot to add... the 85 kwh has 20% more horse power then the 60 kwh (along with a little more torque) ... logic, and common sense tell me it's gotta be more then one tenth of a second faster in 0-60 and two tenths of a second faster in the 1/4 mile... nrcooled what % charged was your car when you made that run? would love to see at least a vbox run on a fully charged 85 kWh

Remember to take tyres/wheels into account. P85 will normally be measured with the 21" wheels, S85 and S60 probably with 19", and then there have been more than one variety of tyres fitted to these wheels.

So, maybe the explanation for these numbers is that the S85 has more torque than the S60 but can't make use of it on the stock tyres?

Remember to take tyres/wheels into account. P85 will normally be measured with the 21" wheels, S85 and S60 probably with 19", and then there have been more than one variety of tyres fitted to these wheels.

So, maybe the explanation for these numbers is that the S85 has more torque than the S60 but can't make use of it on the stock tyres?

Got my S85 with the 21 Conti's.
I'd like to know how fast mine is too. Could be interesting/exciting news if its sub 5 seconds.
Compared to the P85 thou, sure doesn't feel like its in the same league.

Anyone know if there's a place in the Portland metro area where you can get official drag times/race? PIR?
I'll take mine in to video and set a benchmark.

I was at roughly 205 miles of rated range when I made my runs. This one was the fastest. All others were around 13.50 and 13.51.

My S85 does not launch nearly as hard as a P85. With that said, I will admit that the car does feel faster at full charge so there may be a couple of tenths when fully juiced.

185 pounds is a decent amount for performance numbers, I also wonder how much a regular roof saves over the pano roof.... could be 60+ pounds there as well...

weight difference is only 185 lbs (a passenger roughly) ... so I think the actual number is still going to be .5 seconds less then the 60... or am i missing something ... since tesla always has it a half a second slower... the 60 hp should help the 30-60 mph and torque is still higher on the 85

Looking into this. I'm about 18 miles from PIR, but will go with a topped off range charge. Have a friend with a GoPro and I'll see about mounting to monitor the car in the other lane.

I'm going to do the ProDrive high performance driver training and track laps with my Model-S (non-pert, 21") at PIR on Thursday 7/18. I'm planning on having a BLAST! BTW this is a great school for skid car as well as track driving. They do it all, excellent instructors and decent prices. ProDrive Portland high performance driving course

Any predictions ...

I'm going to do the ProDrive high performance driver training and track laps with my Model-S (non-pert, 21") at PIR on Thursday 7/18. I'm planning on having a BLAST! BTW this is a great school for skid car as well as track driving. They do it all, excellent instructors and decent prices. ProDrive Portland high performance driving course

Any predictions... remember the 60 khw real world (only 183 lbs more but 60 hp short which is a 20% increase in hp) came in at 5.1 at a 0-60

the p85 real world came in at 3.9 from 0-60

I guess we will find out from steve and see his video for his s85 0-60 but does anyone want to predict steve's time in a 85kwh 0-60 ????

Any predictions... remember the 60 khw real world (only 183 lbs more but 60 hp short which is a 20% increase in hp) came in at 5.1 at a 0-60

the p85 real world came in at 3.9 from 0-60

I guess we will find out from steve and see his video for his s85 0-60 but does anyone want to predict steve's time in a 85kwh 0-60 ????
I have little frame of reference, but I'll say 4.8...just because I'd love to say mine does 0-60 in less than 5 seconds.