Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

real world all models 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BS.... just ran two 4.0 flats with 30% charge in my 2013 P85 running the latest software... usually takes a few runs to get the 3.9 but it's all there... I did 3.9 in my previous model S on 4.1 as well...

Because they determined 4.2 0-60 put them where they needed to be in the market and the drivetrain can't take much more stress.

fiksegts, can you point to a P85 review that's done <4 sec 0-60 since 4.1 firmware version? I haven't seen one. Firmware control my friend...

Attachments

• photo-15.JPG
    photo-15.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,238
That's great fitsegts. Do you turn TC off? (Anything else?) I'm getting 4.3 like Edmunds and others, but I'd certainly love to run a 3.9!

When I got my 2012 it was on 4.0 and full acceleration was a "scary fast" for me and others. (the commonly used term at the time)
When 4.1 or so came along full acceleration became more refined. I never made a measured run on 4.0, but it was definitely a different experience!
From memory, Tesla spec'd 4.6 sec 0-60 then (I think Motor Trend) ran a 3.9 then Tesla changed the spec to 4.2 sec. I assumed when I ran a 4.3 (like others) that Tesla had tamed the beast a bit in firmware.

Tell me how to break 4 seconds though. I want the bragging rights!

BS.... just ran two 4.0 flats with 30% charge in my 2013 P85 running the latest software... usually takes a few runs to get the 3.9 but it's all there... I did 3.9 in my previous model S on 4.1 as well...

Nice! Was this flat with driver response time included/excluded? Or with a one foot rollout?

KenEE, keep in mind Motor Trend's 3.9 was with a one foot rollout. While many/most do not measure their numbers that way.

That's great fitsegts. Do you turn TC off? (Anything else?) I'm getting 4.3 like Edmunds and others, but I'd certainly love to run a 3.9!

When I got my 2012 it was on 4.0 and full acceleration was a "scary fast" for me and others. (the commonly used term at the time)
When 4.1 or so came along full acceleration became more refined. I never made a measured run on 4.0, but it was definitely a different experience!
From memory, Tesla spec'd 4.6 sec 0-60 then (I think Motor Trend) ran a 3.9 then Tesla changed the spec to 4.2 sec. I assumed when I ran a 4.3 (like others) that Tesla had tamed the beast a bit in firmware.

Do tell......

you have to get a real measuring device, I'm using racelogic vbox which is what the magazines and many other reviewers use, you can't rely on an app on your phone...

traction control is off, but it's not really necessary... this is with 1 foot roll out, most everyone uses this....

We still need someone with a vbox and a 85 kwh to do a 0-60.... we have the p85 number of 3.9... the 60 kwh at 5.1... but need someone on a full charge with a standard 85 to post a video and show the vbox

YES!

How am I going to be able to brag about my "4 second sedan" without proof? I have noses to rub it in!

Seriously... I am really wondering what the Std 85 is capable of... I'd do it myself if I had a VBox or a track near me :(

Can someone remind me why we cannot take a video of a good 0-60 run with speedometer in view and check the time of that video? Not super precise, but the goal is less than 5 sec, isn't it :)? Some people have dash cams that can also record the run with speed/time showing in the corner.

you could, it won't be accurate.... your own reaction time as to when to start and top a stopwatch would be horrible, not to mention the speedo might not be exactly accurate as well...

Can someone remind me why we cannot take a video of a good 0-60 run with speedometer in view and check the time of that video? Not super precise, but the goal is less than 5 sec, isn't it :)? Some people have dash cams that can also record the run with speed/time showing in the corner.