Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

real world all models 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My belief is extra weight of the various options that were ordered with our cars will end up being the issue.
Find out how the exact options list Tesla did this time with and this will provide the clues to your question.
Ask any of the regulars at the local 1/4 mile track and they will tell you how much in tenths you'll be off with and extra 150 lbs. or more

The motortrend car, according to the pictures in the article was loaded with options.

I didn't see in the Motor Trend article if they published their 0-30 times but it would be interesting to compare it to those on this board. Motor Trend getting a 2.6 0-60 time (better than mfg specs) would certainly indicate their test car had more power in the first second than any P90DL our fellow owners have tested. Maybe they accidentally got a maximum plaid test vehicle. :)

Or all the high strength steel crash protection was removed. It is after all, a magazine ringer.

Reactions: William3
A 90D owner has posted some data on the CAN data logging thread. They may actually have done an overlay against a P85D. If not, you can request it. In this way you can see exactly when and where the cars are different. If memory serves me, there are differences on both launch and sustained acceleration (1150 amps continuous draw for the non-P versus 1300 insane and 1500 Luda).

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
So what does it take for a stock P90DL to hit 2.8 sec 0-60?

No excuses. When I configure the car at the store, fully loaded it (pano, wheels, bla bla bla) it says it'll do 0-60 in 2.8 sec. So for $10,000 extra...prove it. Who's done it with a stock car and how? What's the best timer to use (outside of a track)

tks.

SG

From older Tesla brochure:
40 kWh 6.5 sec
60 kWh 5.9 sec
85 kWh 5.6 Sec
85 kwh P 4.4 sec

40 kWh 235 hp
60 kWh 302 hp
85 kWh 362 hp
85 kWh P 416 hp

This is what amazes me. The old P85 got an advertised 0-60 run of 4.4. My 90D, non performance, gets an advertised 0-60 of 4.2. Better traction? Two motors at 417 (259 each, so derated?) vs 416? And bigger battery? I don't drag race, but it's interesting how the D does so much better than the old P85. I just bought this for range, and I get -- a hotrod.

Reactions: newtman
Darn, this thread is humiliating. I regularly gather variations of the Model S at Sacramento Raceway and later give writeups on www.greencarreports.com and it appears none of you either read or as a psychologist it seems worse, remember what you read.

I reported some time ago, around 17-18 March that Lauren Park in her P90D(L) turned an official quarter mile on her 21" performance tires at full regular pressure of....

11.220 seconds and 118.59 mph

she buried my P85D(L) which had a bad night an turned only

11.455 seconds and 116.57 mph (on 19" all-season tires at 45 lbs pressure)

IMHO, THIS is the fastest official and owner demonstrated quarter mile time for a P90D(L). Her 60' time was 1.635 seconds.

Reactions: bhzmark
I think a different thread noted the importance of having a full or almost full charge to really get the best performance out of the vehicle. It would be good to note those measurements as well as the times for comparison.
Everyone except motorweek knows this. 100% charge and max battery power ready, and nobody has closed in on the 10.9 yet.

@AWDtsla

YES, this is partly why I keep getting various other Model S owners out to the Sacramento Raceway for "hard data." IMHO, if there is not a software update for the "Ludicrous" variation that gets owner cars to that ADVERTISED 10.9 seconds, then again, IMHO, this IS grounds for a (sadly) class-action suit. Tesla needs to fess up and give owners WHAT THEY PAID FOR. Too many of the P90D(L) group just "think" their car is fast and meeting its performance claims, but NOBODY has been able to achieve the quarter mile time claim in an OWNER car. This is the FIRST TIME that Tesla performance has NOT MET or exceeded the advertisement claim. Something is screwy in Fremont right now.

@AWDtsla

YES, this is partly why I keep getting various other Model S owners out to the Sacramento Raceway for "hard data." IMHO, if there is not a software update for the "Ludicrous" variation that gets owner cars to that ADVERTISED 10.9 seconds, then again, IMHO, this IS grounds for a (sadly) class-action suit. Tesla needs to fess up and give owners WHAT THEY PAID FOR. Too many of the P90D(L) group just "think" their car is fast and meeting its performance claims, but NOBODY has been able to achieve the quarter mile time claim in an OWNER car. This is the FIRST TIME that Tesla performance has NOT MET or exceeded the advertisement claim. Something is screwy in Fremont right now.

AMEN. Or they could refund the $10,000 for every Ludicrous owner and save themselves from getting sued.

I got notification from Drag Times that a new 1/4 mile reported record of 11.152 @ 116.71 was done by Adam at Thompson Drag Raceway in Ohio in a P90DL. According to the time slip it was done on 12-05-2015 but was reported 05-23-2016. His 60' was 1.5924, 1/8 7.0584. I still hold the best 60' at 1.580 but will have to try to better my 7.082 in the 1/8 in my P85DL.