TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Real world carbon fiber appearance

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by bosgig, Dec 12, 2012.

1. bosgig

bosgig Member

For those of you who have the CF trim, do you find that it has good definition and clarity across the dash or does it lose definition in a big way at angles? My (limited) experience with it suggests the latter--but I've never seen a full dash in natural light. Obviously this may matter to some and not others, but for me, I want to see the dash material wherever I look and I worry that won't be the case with the CF.

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

It looks very nice. It is a matte finish and not shiny/glossy like the Roadster but still looks pretty good.

3. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Tesla's interior CF doesn't have a strident woven appearance -- it's thinner fibres, woven flatter, than most other CFs. I can see that one might say that it "loses definition" in that sense, but it's a very attractive option.

4. setritt

setritt p6652

pictures?

5. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

I've seen the carbon fiber in a friend's S and at first I thought it was just Matte black. At an angle I didn't see the cf pattern at all. But once inside and looking at it headon it was clear.

P1117 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk