Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real World Experiences with Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could not be happier with Tesla service in Houston, Tx at this time. We were driving today and hit a pothole that the driver (not me) did not see. It was a very hard bang and when we turned into the parking lot a 1/2 block later I saw the dreaded "LOW AIR IN TIRE" warning. Upon exiting the car, I could hear the air hissing out of the front driver's side tire. I immediately called Tesla Service at 11:20 a.m. central time and by 1 p.m. we had been towed to the service center in Houston, had a new tire, had a couple of Service Bulletins implemented and were back on the road.

Water getting in rear hatchback from tail lights, other minor issues dealt with...

This weeks big rain in Northern NJ ( tuesday ) caused a huge shower for me when I opened my rear hatchback in my garage to get some stuff out. I called the owner hotline. They directed me to the local springfield service center. I was told that someone would call back that day. Within an hour someone called back: Andrew was his name. He said he could be out by thursday morning. ( I called on Tuesday afternoon ). We arranged for a 7am visit at my place. Andrew was wonderful, he showed me exactly what the problem was, corrected it quickly, and while he was there fixed the dreaded clicking in the steering column. We also noticed that the seal around the plano roof was a little off, so he took care of that ,, while doing that he asked me if I was getting wind noise from the open sunroof, I replied yes, how did you know? He noticed a slight alignment issue when the roof was closed while working on the seal. So after a good hour and a half we had addressed quite a few minor annoyances.

Lets see in the next big rain what happens with the lift gate... Just wanted to give a big thank you to Andrew and the Tesla team for a great visit and some informative conversation... While I wish none of this stuff needed to be adjusted, to be dealt with in such a professional manner was a real testament to their commitment to their customers... E

Had my first ranger visit today, and it was a good experience. Steve from the Rockville service center stopped by the garage in DC where I park my car. He showed up at 1:00 pm, just as promised. Then, 40 minutes later the broken hinges on the windscreen for my roof were replaced. Really couldn't have been easier.

Yesterday afternoon at just after 3.00pm one of our rear tires blew 100yds from our house. Called Mark LaPlant in Tampa (58 miles away) and at 4.30pm there was one of his staff at our house with a loaner car and a flatbed to take our car to Tampa Service Center.

My wife had dropped kids off at the neighbors house in the afternoon so they knew about the blown tire; this morning he asks where the new car came from and after she explained that Tesla sent it to our house within 90 minutes of the blowout he told her that he wants to buy one. :)

Yesterday afternoon at just after 3.00pm one of our rear tires blew 100yds from our house. Called Mark LaPlant in Tampa (58 miles away) and at 4.30pm there was one of his staff at our house with a loaner car and a flatbed to take our car to Tampa Service Center.

My wife had dropped kids off at the neighbors house in the afternoon so they knew about the blown tire; this morning he asks where the new car came from and after she explained that Tesla sent it to our house within 90 minutes of the blowout he told her that he wants to buy one. :)

Nice! :smile:

Nice! :smile:

Joe,

Didn't you know that Tesla treats all Sarasotans that way? :biggrin:

Larry

Would have thought you'd have known this, but that service is what you got because you have over 5K posts, and over 5 little green squares. Rumors about a catalog for reputation points is bogus. This is what you get. And it is why I'm praying I don't get a blowout for a couple of years.:wink:

Time for a real-life experience update:

Tampa Service called me this afternoon to update me on my ambient lights and also to inform me that they have a replacement chargeport light for my car......What's so special? Well I hadn't even told them about the chargeport light yet, someone over there read about it on TMC and ordered the part! Hard to imagine any company being that proactive, nevermind a car company. Awesome work.

Would have thought you'd have known this, but that service is what you got because you have over 5K posts, and over 5 little green squares. Rumors about a catalog for reputation points is bogus. This is what you get. And it is why I'm praying I don't get a blowout for a couple of years.:wink:

When I get a flat tire, I get all the stuff Nigel gets PLUS they make dinner and do my laundry. One more green box and they'll walk the dogs, too.