Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real World Model 3 UK Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To the lucky 250 or so, it’s been around a month since you took delivery of a M3.

Would you be able to share your real-world owning/driving experience of the M3 please?

What has delighted you?
What has disappointed you?
How are you managing with the range?
What home charging option do you have?
What are your favourite features?
What features annoy you the most?
What do you most miss about an ICE car?
What 2-3 small features would you suggest for inclusion in a future revision?
If you have FSD, do you use it and what’s your take?
Have you had to make changes to your normal driving habits?
Any major or minor issues with the car yet?
Anything those on the waiting list shouldn’t worry too much about?

Thanks a lot for your valued So i do a lot of miles, anything between 100 and 300 a day for getting tobmy surveys. I have clocked up 9100 miles so far! Have bern really busy though, generally its around 4000 miles a month. So far i have only had to use a supercharger once as i have a tesla wall connector at home. I have bought the car over 5 years so can expect to clock up around 25000 miles. After a lot of research i have come to the conclusion that to save too frequent supercharging, i generally manage with a 90 percent daily charge. However as its getting colder im finding that to avoid supercharging im sometimes charging to 95 percent. Never 100 percent.

Hi there, i picked up my new model 3 long range on the 28th September this year. Nice to have the new 79KWH battery!
I was smitten after a test drive in May. Believe it or not with a 10000 deposit which i will get back through corporation tax next year and a 5 year tesla loan the monthly payment is around £150 less that my last Fiesta van plus its servive plan and a months fuel!!!! So that gives me £150 a month towards charging.
I like everything about this car, its performance yes yes but i find it incredably relaxing in the minimalistic cabin and have no issues finding what i need on the screen, being an iphone user for years!
No disappointments yet as i did a lot of research into the good and so called bad before ordering. Yes there is less range in colder weather but you can offset that with driving and climate habits to some extent.
I did get a puncture after 2 weeks but it was a very slow one so was able to top up 3 psi a day until service appointment. £241 for new tire but thats what it is.
I do a lot of miles, approx 4000 miles per month, which will approximate around 250000 miles over the 5 years. I have a tesla wall connector which gives me 33 miles per hour.
The range, considering all factors is outstanding. I have only had to use a supercharger once!
Question:
Is it better to go up to 95 percent when needed to avoid frequent supercharging? Of course i will have to supercharge sometimes and thats why i got the tesla, for its range and charging network but have read that too frequent supercharging can degrade the battery, but will it degrade faster with too frequent supercharging or too frrquent 95 percent home charging at 7.5kwph or 33 miles an hour? I usually have to daily charge to 90 percent or 80 percent if i can get away with that.
The only thing i would criticise is the charge stats in the tesla app. After setting up peak and off peak rates i expected an accurate summery every day. But as soon as you go into peak rate charging it only gives you an average cost and only over the last month. I now use eevee app as its free and accurate to a tee, and gives monthly reports. Tesla app is great for scheduling charging and departure. Never used the touchscreen in the car for that.
So far i am happy with my decision to purchase my model 3!! Got some great aftermarket all weather floor matts and some tesla emblems for them, together with nice pedals.
Thanks in anticipation of a reply on the charging habits

Attachments

• DEADF14B-8825-465B-8EA0-DF623BE704EF.jpeg
    DEADF14B-8825-465B-8EA0-DF623BE704EF.jpeg
    1,002.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 182A1D6D-5551-42A0-A40C-BCD94E4AFFE4.jpeg
    182A1D6D-5551-42A0-A40C-BCD94E4AFFE4.jpeg
    818 KB · Views: 45
  • 724F8D0E-F60D-45AE-B8BB-1510B9AB2756.jpeg
    724F8D0E-F60D-45AE-B8BB-1510B9AB2756.jpeg
    426 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: VT_EE
Hi there, i picked up my new model 3 long range on the 28th September this year. Nice to have the new 79KWH battery!
I was smitten after a test drive in May. Believe it or not with a 10000 deposit which i will get back through corporation tax next year and a 5 year tesla loan the monthly payment is around £150 less that my last Fiesta van plus its servive plan and a months fuel!!!! So that gives me £150 a month towards charging.
I like everything about this car, its performance yes yes but i find it incredably relaxing in the minimalistic cabin and have no issues finding what i need on the screen, being an iphone user for years!
No disappointments yet as i did a lot of research into the good and so called bad before ordering. Yes there is less range in colder weather but you can offset that with driving and climate habits to some extent.
I did get a puncture after 2 weeks but it was a very slow one so was able to top up 3 psi a day until service appointment. £241 for new tire but thats what it is.
I do a lot of miles, approx 4000 miles per month, which will approximate around 250000 miles over the 5 years. I have a tesla wall connector which gives me 33 miles per hour.
The range, considering all factors is outstanding. I have only had to use a supercharger once!
Question:
Is it better to go up to 95 percent when needed to avoid frequent supercharging? Of course i will have to supercharge sometimes and thats why i got the tesla, for its range and charging network but have read that too frequent supercharging can degrade the battery, but will it degrade faster with too frequent supercharging or too frrquent 95 percent home charging at 7.5kwph or 33 miles an hour? I usually have to daily charge to 90 percent or 80 percent if i can get away with that.
The only thing i would criticise is the charge stats in the tesla app. After setting up peak and off peak rates i expected an accurate summery every day. But as soon as you go into peak rate charging it only gives you an average cost and only over the last month. I now use eevee app as its free and accurate to a tee, and gives monthly reports. Tesla app is great for scheduling charging and departure. Never used the touchscreen in the car for that.
So far i am happy with my decision to purchase my model 3!! Got some great aftermarket all weather floor matts and some tesla emblems for them, together with nice pedals.
Thanks in anticipation of a reply on the charging habits
In your situation I’d charge to 90% over night, then start it charging again when I wake up an hour before leaving for work. If your car gets to 95% and you use it straight away it’s no big deal occasionally if it means you can avoid supercharging completely that day (for convenience as much as anything). If you need to supercharge anyway, then I’d probably just supercharge the extra or mix and match. We can over think the charging

For the benefit of others as it’s often not mentioned, if your corporation tax rebate was based on putting the car into the business, then you’ll pay a chunk of that back when you sell, although after 250k miles it might not be much. But did you deal the mileage calc? On business miles you’ll be getting 8p a mile from next year, if you owned it privately you could be taking out 45px10k and 25px40k a year (assuming they’re all business miles). That’s about £15k tax free towards your mileage v £4K as a company car?

Is it better to go up to 95 percent when needed to avoid frequent supercharging?

I always charge to 100% when I am going "out of range", but I do the 90%-to-100% an hour and a bit before departure so that the car doesn't sit at 100% for too long. Unless things have changed an occasionally 100% charge (making sure to allow it to continue, to completion - it can sit, charging at just a couple of AMPs, for a significant amount of time - will also balance the battery and recalibrate range.

That 90-100% - an extra 10% - is 30 - 40 miles, and can mean that I can complete my journey without charging, or I need less when I supercharge - and sometimes that I can "reach" a more distant supercharger. All of that is journey-time-saved.

On UK motorways I frequently hit slow traffic, or road works, and that increases my range - and that, too, can mean that I can reach a more distant Supercharger.

Basically I plan to Supercharge as close to my destination as possible - by the time I get to that point my distance-to-destination is relatively small, and much easier to predict how much I need to get there (i.e. less contingency than if I charging was further away), and thus less time for charging to complete.

Also, once I'm within range of the Supercharger I will speed up (within reason!) - the car will charge quicker, when I get there, than the extra I use up by inrcreasing my speed, so overall there is a time saving. But early in the journey I may drive more modestly, if that might help range and either avoid Supercharger visit altogether, or potentially enable me to reach a further one.

I don't have many journeys in UK that need multiple Supercharger visits ... but when I drive on continent then I am looking at 100% on departure, so significant range to first charging stop (aiming to be as close to 10% as possible), and then charge to 70% - 80% - so basically all subsequent legs are only 70% down to 10% - compared to the first leg which is 100% down to 10% (an extra 100 miles, give-or-take, for the first leg)

Only other thing to add is that if I am, also, going a long distance tomorrow I may supercharge more, to arrive home with "some spare", so that my overnight charge gets me up to 100%. I would much prefer to charge on return-leg, than outward-leg. Outbound charge might have to queue, in which case I will be late for my appointment, whereas on return if I have to queue I'll just get more emails done before I get home!

your corporation tax rebate was based on putting the car into the business, then you’ll pay a chunk of that back when you sell

I've always looked at this that when I sell it I'll be buying another, so the profit-on-sale is offset by the cost-of-new-purchase.

That is: until the Government discontinues the incentive of course! ... also the risk that Tax Rate is higher when you sell, than it was when you bought (but if you are buying a replacement that is moot)

Reactions: Jason71
I do a lot of miles, approx 4000 miles per month

My rule-of-thumb (assuming a good Off Peak rate for charging the car) is that EV saves £100 per month for each 10,000 miles driven p.a. (and with a very aggressive Off Peak rate, AND if you can complete the charge every night, within Off Peak window, then that can be £150 per month) - provided you don't have to pay for any 3rd party charging of course :)

So your 50K miles p.a. is a fuel saving of £500 per month! With Supercharging it will be less than that, but its still going to be significant. Putting the monthly saving into Finance you could have bought a Plaid!!

I always charge to 100% when I am going "out of range", but I do the 90%-to-100% an hour and a bit before departure so that the car doesn't sit at 100% for too long. Unless things have changed an occasionally 100% charge (making sure to allow it to continue, to completion - it can sit, charging at just a couple of AMPs, for a significant amount of time - will also balance the battery and recalibrate range.

That 90-100% - an extra 10% - is 30 - 40 miles, and can mean that I can complete my journey without charging, or I need less when I supercharge - and sometimes that I can "reach" a more distant supercharger. All of that is journey-time-saved.

On UK motorways I frequently hit slow traffic, or road works, and that increases my range - and that, too, can mean that I can reach a more distant Supercharger.

Basically I plan to Supercharge as close to my destination as possible - by the time I get to that point my distance-to-destination is relatively small, and much easier to predict how much I need to get there (i.e. less contingency than if I charging was further away), and thus less time for charging to complete.

Also, once I'm within range of the Supercharger I will speed up (within reason!) - the car will charge quicker, when I get there, than the extra I use up by inrcreasing my speed, so overall there is a time saving. But early in the journey I may drive more modestly, if that might help range and either avoid Supercharger visit altogether, or potentially enable me to reach a further one.

I don't have many journeys in UK that need multiple Supercharger visits ... but when I drive on continent then I am looking at 100% on departure, so significant range to first charging stop (aiming to be as close to 10% as possible), and then charge to 70% - 80% - so basically all subsequent legs are only 70% down to 10% - compared to the first leg which is 100% down to 10% (an extra 100 miles, give-or-take, for the first leg)

Only other thing to add is that if I am, also, going a long distance tomorrow I may supercharge more, to arrive home with "some spare", so that my overnight charge gets me up to 100%. I would much prefer to charge on return-leg, than outward-leg. Outbound charge might have to queue, in which case I will be late for my appointment, whereas on return if I have to queue I'll just get more emails done before I get home!
Thanks for your comments, im just new to this and would like, same as everybody i suppose to look after the battery as best as possible considering the high mileage i do.

In your situation I’d charge to 90% over night, then start it charging again when I wake up an hour before leaving for work. If your car gets to 95% and you use it straight away it’s no big deal occasionally if it means you can avoid supercharging completely that day (for convenience as much as anything). If you need to supercharge anyway, then I’d probably just supercharge the extra or mix and match. We can over think the charging

For the benefit of others as it’s often not mentioned, if your corporation tax rebate was based on putting the car into the business, then you’ll pay a chunk of that back when you sell, although after 250k miles it might not be much. But did you deal the mileage calc? On business miles you’ll be getting 8p a mile from next year, if you owned it privately you could be taking out 45px10k and 25px40k a year (assuming they’re all business miles). That’s about £15k tax free towards your mileage v £4K as a company car?
Believe it or not i wouldnt have got a loan privatley as we ate only renting and have no private savings. My business is doing well, im a limited company but there is only me so the buisness bank is healthy and Black horse okd me straight away

Indeed but for the mileage i do the figures wouldn't work unless i had 3 phase and could charge all off peak every night at 22kwph getting nearly 100 mph charge instead of 33 mph charge.
Nice thought though 😊
For info the Model 3 has a maximum charge rate of 11kW on three-phase mains and 7-8kW on single-phase mains.
The three charging modules are internal to the car and rated at 16A (3-4kW) each.
Two modules are used when charging from a single-phase supply and all three modules used on the three-phase supply.

For info the Model 3 has a maximum charge rate of 11kW on three-phase mains and 7-8kW on single-phase mains.
The three charging modules are internal to the car and rated at 16A (3-4kW) each.
Two modules are used when charging from a single-phase supply and all three modules used on the three-phase supply.
I was talking about the plaid as far as the 22kwph was concerned. Not worth thinking about 3 phase for the model 3 just to get an extra few miles per hour at 11kwph

I was talking about the plaid as far as the 22kwph was concerned. Not worth thinking about 3 phase for the model 3 just to get an extra few miles per hour at 11kwph
Yes 3 phase is an expensive install… however, setting that aside 11kW is actually a very worthwhile increase that allows more than just an extra few miles to be squeezed into your cheap rate charging period. Of course in a typical 4 hour cheap rate period that’s an extra 16kWh added.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
look after the battery as best as possible considering the high mileage i do.

Understood, but I don't think you need to worry (particularly now, rather than a few battery-dev-generations ago).

My first Model-S was 2015, I did 95K miles in 3.5 years. It was the "90", which had arguably the worst battery chemistry Tesla have made. Lost about 6 % of range. I Supercharged on 2 days a month, some of those multiple times in a day. Back then (now too maybe??) there was a "fast charging counter", and after a significant number of Supercharges the fast-charge-rate dropped progressively (to protect the battery). If your journeys / days won't need a lot of supercharging that might help (longevity) - probably more so that charging to 100% before departure.

There are plenty of stories, from back then with older gen. batteries, or airport taxis doing 200K miles (probably in a year!!), supercharged ever day, charged to 100% and left sitting overnight ... every night. Even those didn't show massive degradation.

I got a 50% trade-in on my Model-S (back in the days before heady 2nd hand prices!). I thought that was pretty good for a high mileage, high price, car.

My view is:

Only charge 90% - 100% shortly before departure (if you don't actually depart for some reason drive 10 - 20 miles to burn some off, or put the climate on flat out)

If I arrive below 20% I charge immediately - and not wait for Overnight Off Peak. (well ... charge to, say, 20% and then remainder overnight). But if I get home below 20% I might need to go back out again, unexpectedly, so makes sense to add some charge just-in-case.

I've read advice not to floor it if below 10%. But saying that, if you are below 10% you'll probably be squeaky-bum about getting there and driving like a snail anyway!

Beware of range difference in winter. I never found it was a big deal, but my journeys were long distance, single leg. Pre-conditioned the car on Mains before I left, and had maybe 10% range loss in midwinter (I'm taking 5-10C not -10C ... that would be different). However, the energy-cost for setting off is very significant - to warm car and battery. The travelling salesman, stopping for an hour at each visit, will come back to a cold soaked battery, and car, each time. That scenario is worst-case for winter EV driving. If you can find a 13AMP socket in the car park when you get there plug in! Its going to use 2.5AMP (@ 40P a unit that's a £quid and hour if anyone is bothered). Enough to stave off some battery cold, and get you a few miles.

Also beware of wet roads; the only time I have come close to running out was a long journey in mid Summer with torrential thunderstorms soaking the road. Slowing down takes care of Aero, but you still have the same number of miles of having to push the water out of the way. Snow worse too - but on those days AA, RAC, NEWS will be telling everyone in UK not to drive ... and a farmer's mucking-out fork will be the only thing clearing the motorway ... so other than getting caught-out and having to limp home perhaps that's something not to actually have to worry about.

Stick your regular journeys into ABetterRoutePlanner and set the Weather Temperature / Wet (as well as car / model / etc.) and see how Summer / Winter compare for your regular journeys. Check if all your journeys can be done using only Supercharger - 3rd party charging is universally shiite (with a very few exceptions), I've been saying "That will improve during your ownership" for years, but it hasn't happened yet!

If you are a geek you might want to try TeslaFi - it will log all your journeys, and you can then pour over the data and get a feel for what difference dropping top speed from, say, 70 to 60 makes - both to journey time (might not be enough that you care) and consumption (will be significant). (A referral code will get you a month trial, instead of 2 weeks. If you don't have a better offer you can use my nickname here)

I find the Consumption Graph on the dashboard to be accurate. Once I have set destination it will tell me predicted arrival %age, and as I drive show a line above / below the prediction ... roadworks / traffic will influence that, and if I am going to arrive with above / below what I need I can speed up / slow down, or add a charging stop

One thought: you might decide to move-on your car before the 100K warranty limit. As a very high mileage driver, so long as you can get reasonable 2nd value / trade-in, it might make sense to swap it at 80-90K miles. Make sure your finance would not penalise you for easly termination (they may be OK on that if you are basically just rolling the finance to another car, with the same lender)

P.S. Will you be able to complete a charge on Off Peak? A 4 hour Off Peak rate is only 100-ish miles added. You could have Ecconomy-7 (Midnight to 7AM), but that won't be as good a rate as e.g. Octopus 4-hour Off Peak

Understood, but I don't think you need to worry (particularly now, rather than a few battery-dev-generations ago).

My first Model-S was 2015, I did 95K miles in 3.5 years. It was the "90", which had arguably the worst battery chemistry Tesla have made. Lost about 6 % of range. I Supercharged on 2 days a month, some of those multiple times in a day. Back then (now too maybe??) there was a "fast charging counter", and after a significant number of Supercharges the fast-charge-rate dropped progressively (to protect the battery). If your journeys / days won't need a lot of supercharging that might help (longevity) - probably more so that charging to 100% before departure.

There are plenty of stories, from back then with older gen. batteries, or airport taxis doing 200K miles (probably in a year!!), supercharged ever day, charged to 100% and left sitting overnight ... every night. Even those didn't show massive degradation.

I got a 50% trade-in on my Model-S (back in the days before heady 2nd hand prices!). I thought that was pretty good for a high mileage, high price, car.

My view is:

Only charge 90% - 100% shortly before departure (if you don't actually depart for some reason drive 10 - 20 miles to burn some off, or put the climate on flat out)

If I arrive below 20% I charge immediately - and not wait for Overnight Off Peak. (well ... charge to, say, 20% and then remainder overnight). But if I get home below 20% I might need to go back out again, unexpectedly, so makes sense to add some charge just-in-case.

I've read advice not to floor it if below 10%. But saying that, if you are below 10% you'll probably be squeaky-bum about getting there and driving like a snail anyway!

Beware of range difference in winter. I never found it was a big deal, but my journeys were long distance, single leg. Pre-conditioned the car on Mains before I left, and had maybe 10% range loss in midwinter (I'm taking 5-10C not -10C ... that would be different). However, the energy-cost for setting off is very significant - to warm car and battery. The travelling salesman, stopping for an hour at each visit, will come back to a cold soaked battery, and car, each time. That scenario is worst-case for winter EV driving. If you can find a 13AMP socket in the car park when you get there plug in! Its going to use 2.5AMP (@ 40P a unit that's a £quid and hour if anyone is bothered). Enough to stave off some battery cold, and get you a few miles.

Also beware of wet roads; the only time I have come close to running out was a long journey in mid Summer with torrential thunderstorms soaking the road. Slowing down takes care of Aero, but you still have the same number of miles of having to push the water out of the way. Snow worse too - but on those days AA, RAC, NEWS will be telling everyone in UK not to drive ... and a farmer's mucking-out fork will be the only thing clearing the motorway ... so other than getting caught-out and having to limp home perhaps that's something not to actually have to worry about.

Stick your regular journeys into ABetterRoutePlanner and set the Weather Temperature / Wet (as well as car / model / etc.) and see how Summer / Winter compare for your regular journeys. Check if all your journeys can be done using only Supercharger - 3rd party charging is universally shiite (with a very few exceptions), I've been saying "That will improve during your ownership" for years, but it hasn't happened yet!

If you are a geek you might want to try TeslaFi - it will log all your journeys, and you can then pour over the data and get a feel for what difference dropping top speed from, say, 70 to 60 makes - both to journey time (might not be enough that you care) and consumption (will be significant). (A referral code will get you a month trial, instead of 2 weeks. If you don't have a better offer you can use my nickname here)

I find the Consumption Graph on the dashboard to be accurate. Once I have set destination it will tell me predicted arrival %age, and as I drive show a line above / below the prediction ... roadworks / traffic will influence that, and if I am going to arrive with above / below what I need I can speed up / slow down, or add a charging stop

One thought: you might decide to move-on your car before the 100K warranty limit. As a very high mileage driver, so long as you can get reasonable 2nd value / trade-in, it might make sense to swap it at 80-90K miles. Make sure your finance would not penalise you for easly termination (they may be OK on that if you are basically just rolling the finance to another car, with the same lender)

P.S. Will you be able to complete a charge on Off Peak? A 4 hour Off Peak rate is only 100-ish miles added. You could have Ecconomy-7 (Midnight to 7AM), but that won't be as good a rate as e.g. Octopus 4-hour Off Peak
I have a 7 hour off peak at 8p from 12:30-7:30 but have to be up around 5am to 6am most mornings. Thats with EDF. Your right about the cold weather. I had a 240m round trip today, temperature between 4-7. Took it easy between 55 and 60 on the motorways, some driving in London which helped. There is not much difference between 55 and 60 but a massive difference at 70!
So i charged to 95 percent the night before to finish half hour before leaving, preconditioned battery and climate. 333 miles to start. 240m travelled, arrived back with 27 percent or 93m which i thought was very good considering the cold. I could have eaked a bit more by putting a jacket on and cutting down on the climate but i like to keep warm. Took a note that the climate cost me 18m for the trip. I did turn it off when stuck in traffic in London for a while. It eas consertavive driving though as i didnt sant to stop at supercharger.
I have my fun at the weekends and burn a few miles all at cheap rate!
Thanks for all your info

I have a 7 hour off peak at 8p from 12:30-7:30 but have to be up around 5am to 6am most mornings. Thats with EDF. Your right about the cold weather. I had a 240m round trip today, temperature between 4-7. Took it easy between 55 and 60 on the motorways, some driving in London which helped. There is not much difference between 55 and 60 but a massive difference at 70!
So i charged to 95 percent the night before to finish half hour before leaving, preconditioned battery and climate. 333 miles to start. 240m travelled, arrived back with 27 percent or 93m which i thought was very good considering the cold. I could have eaked a bit more by putting a jacket on and cutting down on the climate but i like to keep warm. Took a note that the climate cost me 18m for the trip. I did turn it off when stuck in traffic in London for a while. It eas consertavive driving though as i didnt sant to stop at supercharger.
I have my fun at the weekends and burn a few miles all at cheap rate!
Thanks for all your info
not sure how well it works for a heat pump car ( or if its needed) but when I used to do long journeys alone in winter pre-covid in an M3 I used to put the heated seat on, turn the climate on to the temp I wanted but set the fan speed to 1-2. Limiting the fan speed has been shown to significantly limit the power use. Theory is if the fan is low the heater can't run at full since it cannot dissipate the heat. I did the same journey week in week out and to me it seemed to make a noticible improvement and I did not feel it affected my comfort. I imagine the back might have been a bit cold but that did not matter.

• Informative
not sure how well it works for a heat pump car ( or if its needed) but when I used to do long journeys alone in winter pre-covid in an M3 I used to put the heated seat on, turn the climate on to the temp I wanted but set the fan speed to 1-2. Limiting the fan speed has been shown to significantly limit the power use. Theory is if the fan is low the heater can't run at full since it cannot dissipate the heat. I did the same journey week in week out and to me it seemed to make a noticible improvement and I did not feel it affected my comfort. I imagine the back might have been a bit cold but that did not matter.
Yeah climate off and seat on is a bit more efficient but its always a trade off between a few extra miles and comfort. For me at 58 years old the seats warm my back and legs but not the whole self as such. While im working i would rather ease off on the throttle in the winter and keep properly warm! Lol did 240 miles today. Charged to 95 percent last night and preconditioned climate and battery. Showed 335 miles to start, however temp was 2 degrees so left for TW10 at 4:30am from where i live in Leicester and travelled down the m1 at 50-55 knowing i would still miss the traffic to get to first survey. Still kept the throttle off for TW2, KT12 and SG4 and then back to leicester at 60-70 depending on the m1 motorway smart speed limits. Got back with 21 percent or 77 miles. So thats still a full tank of around 330 miles in low temperatures. From when a picked up the car on the 28th September this year i have averaged 217whpm over 9500 miles. 1 supercharger stop included. Its my choice to go slower for work but somehow its so relaxing and doesnt feel it takes that much longer to get to places. Like i have already said, fun at the weekends on cheap miles!

Wow ... that's some average efficiency there ... especially from a Dual Motor (going by your pic). If there was a leader board for such things (no I'm not suggesting it) you would surely be at the top!
As the car is so relaxing to drive its not much of a discipline in the week to do some careful driving to help save supercharging, and not worry at the weekends when all miles are very cheap.

Reactions: Adopado
If there was a leader board for such things (no I'm not suggesting it ...)

There are some "Fleet Leader-board" thingies in TeslaFi - but not that one. There is a longest-drive leader-board:

"yanoshi" drove 482 miles, in 13H25M, at 141 Wh/Mile. Average speed = 37 MPG :(

Mind you, 6th longest drive is 219 Wh/Mile ... so PrometheusFire would be in 5th place - based on a single-and-longest-drive

I had a look at Highest Odometer - 1st = 491.000, and 19th place is just shy of 250,000

And someone has visited 740 different Superchargers !!!

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado