Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real world *specific* car seat recommendations, please!

SGM1980

Oct 28, 2019
USA
Hi! Hoping for recommendations for a convertible car seat used in the rear facing position that will allow the least (or possibly no?) encroachment on the passenger side.

Just placed an order for a M3 and need to figure out the car seat situation to be ready when it arrives. We currently have a a Graco Extend 2 Fit 65 Convertible Car Seat seat installed behind the passenger seat in my Subaru Outback, and it's big enough that the passenger seat can't be put all the way back or at a comfortable angle.

We'll need to replace the infant seat soon and that one will go in the M3. I'm hoping that there is one that is lower profile - or that I can install in the middle (using seat belt not LATCH - I know there are no lower anchors there) that won't impinge on the front seating space.

My husband is 6'4" so even when in the passenger seat he still really needs the room. The Combi Coccoro seems to be on a lot of lists of good seats for small cars, but I was hoping for some first hand experience with the Tesla M3.

Thanks so much!!

CMoZ

Aug 23, 2019
BC
We're using the Nuna Rava convertible Car seat ( in the forward facing position) in the passenger side. I'm 6'0" and I can sit comfortably in the front passenger seat without issue.

BEPA400

May 1, 2019
Canada
I used the Diono radian rxt in rear facing for a while in the middle and did use the latch system. Real safe seat especially when in the middle.
I did not enjoy using that car seat rear facing on either side seat because it pushed the front occupants so far forward.
It’s great forward facing in the middle now because they have such a great view from there.
This seat is handy in the middle because it’s so narrow - then people can still sit on either side in the back seats. In my case a 60lb dog fits on the left and an infant seat fits on the right. Busy back seat but gets the job done

SGM1980

Oct 28, 2019
USA
I used the Diono radian rxt in rear facing for a while in the middle and did use the latch system. Real safe seat especially when in the middle.
I did not enjoy using that car seat rear facing on either side seat because it pushed the front occupants so far forward.
It’s great forward facing in the middle now because they have such a great view from there.
This seat is handy in the middle because it’s so narrow - then people can still sit on either side in the back seats. In my case a 60lb dog fits on the left and an infant seat fits on the right. Busy back seat but gets the job done

That's great to know - I didn't think you could LATCH in the middle back. We have a bigger ICE car for more people and the dogs so I really don't mind how much space she takes up in the back - it would just be nice if she didn't take up too much of the *front* seats!

arghx7

Aug 6, 2019
Michigan
I've got my first due in March and I find the whole car seat shopping thing overwhelming. When I was a kid (I'm 34) kids were out of car seats by 3 or 4 years old and all car seats were front facing.

Scratchy

Sep 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Not sure if anyone ran into this issue before?
But our Britax B-safe car base won’t click onto the latch anchors. Seems like they are too thick to fit into the latch mechanism. Anyone know if it’s just my car that is weird or are the anchors just thicker than normal? I tried the base in a Subaru Forester and they click fine there?

Thanks.

veerrrsix

Oct 21, 2018
Chattanooga
Not sure if anyone ran into this issue before?
But our Britax B-safe car base won’t click onto the latch anchors. Seems like they are too thick to fit into the latch mechanism. Anyone know if it’s just my car that is weird or are the anchors just thicker than normal? I tried the base in a Subaru Forester and they click fine there?

Thanks.
late to the conversation but the b-safe base works with the anchors in my october 2018 build car.

Perscitus

Jan 29, 2019
New York
Highly recommend Nuna Rava series Convertible Car Seats. Work great in Model 3s and rated to 50 lbs rear facing (65 lb front).

For smaller kids (up to 35lbs), PegPerego Primo Viaggio 4-35 Nido is also a great option.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC