Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Realignment cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for some insight. I might have hit a curb... well I painfully admit I did hut a curb a couple weeks ago and I'm thinking that it might have knocked my alignment off slightly. It seems that there wheel is slightly turned right even when driving straight. Ive reached out to multiple locations looking for an alignment check and readjustment, however no one is willing to do a 2020 model 3 even some Tesla certified locations. I finally reached out to Tesla and they want $305 just to do the check and realign! Is this price normal for a realignment?!? Are they ripping me?

Call Hunter, ask where Hawkeye Elite is in your town. Cost $79.99. The instructions are in the Elite, he printed it out to show me.
They cked my car, failed it, my right tie rod end, left ball joint was very loose. Car wouldn't stay in one place as they rolled it, so they jacked it, sure enough front was moving. My hub bearings were loud. Changed both hubs.
My SC charges $198.

Call Hunter, ask where Hawkeye Elite is in your town. Cost $79.99. The instructions are in the Elite, he printed it out to show me.
They cked my car, failed it, my right tie rod end, left ball joint was very loose. Car wouldn't stay in one place as they rolled it, so they jacked it, sure enough front was moving. My hub bearings were loud. Changed both hubs.
My SC charges $198.
What exactly were your symptoms for a bad bearing?

You can hear bearing growl when u spin the wheel. It would have gotten louder in the future. It was easy to change. Got off Ebay for 120 each. Had to go buy a 18mm socket, weird size. The new hub was a standard hub, fits all cars. Had hole for front axle. Looked weird, but fit perfect. Saved $1000. :)