Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Realist isn't happy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kinda like an athiest going to a church to complain about there not being a God. /.../ Isn't that tiring?
An atheist doesn’t complain about there not being a god. S(he) simply points out that no matter how you slice it, there is no evidence in support of any God claims (?) made by any religion.

Is that tiring?

I guess it depends on whether or not you get tired of the truth…

Last edited:
An atheist doesn’t complain about there not being a god. S(he) simply points out that no matter how you slice it, there is no evidence in supports of any God claims (?) made by any religion.

Is that tiring?

I guess it depends on whether or not you get tired by the truth…

Did that hurt? (Seemed to me like a nerve was touched.) Really they were criticizing the wasted effort. Either leave it alone or go harangue people where it matters. (Yeah, it's frustrating sometimes).

Last edited:
Boring because driver involvment doesn't exist.

Exhilarating as the instantaneous throttle response makes any ICE car feel so... dated.

Impractical because it is impossible to drive long distances in an acceptable time period.
Practical as it takes me anywhere I want to go without the need to stop to refuel during my travel.

Slow because top speed is low AND range suffers dramatically at higher speed.

Fastest car in its class. Incredible acceleration at all rpm levels. Goes as fast as I have ever wanted to go.

I am not willing to slipstream buses and trucks to get range and others will neither.

Have never needed to take it easy on acceleration, "slipstream" other vehicles or any other techniques to extend range, as it always had plenty for my needs.

We will have to see, in the long run, if there are more people that feel like me, or Realist. So far, there seem to be plenty that agree with me:)

Impractical because it is impossible to drive long distances in an acceptable time period.

I am not willing to slipstream buses and trucks to get range and others will neither.

If you want to save the Environment take the train.

The answer to this is simple - don't buy one. Who is telling you that you must? If you really test drove a Model S and have this honest opinion of it then state it as such and be done with it. To come here and tell those people that own one and love their car that they aren't entitled to their opinions is coming across as grossly superior and elitist. Your opinions realistically smack as someone trying to change others opinion for an agenda. Since it has been stated that you are shorting the stock then you have no credibility. If the car doesn't fit your needs then don't buy it. How simple is that?

Don't see the point here. If you really don't like the Model S, then why post it on a Tesla forum? You aren't going to convince many people here. If you want to convince someone, you should probably try another automotive forum, there are plenty. Unless of course your goal is troll. If so, fair enough. Here's some attention. Happy now?

If you want to save the Environment take the train.

So why are you here again?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else smell that--smells like a troll around here...

THAAAAAAAAAAAAATS what that smell was... Ive been blaming the dog. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Mod note: Let's try not to get get off topic in the off topic area.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

--> [CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST]

Ok, so why not get real for a few fleeting minutes, shall we?

Read this why don’t you (please):

What scientists SHOULD talk about: their personal stories

[...]

So here's my story. My route to becoming a climate scientist started on Wall Street in the 1980s, when I was doing mergers and acquisitions in the energy group for an investment bank. I realized then that I was not particularly motivated by money, but rather I wanted to work on hard science problems. So I went to graduate school, where I studied stratospheric chemistry. By the mid-1990s, that problem was pretty well understood and I began looking around for the next big problem to solve. Having done some work on stratospheric water vapor, I realized that I could apply that expertise to tropospheric water vapor, which is an important player in our climate system. Thus, I was reborn a climate scientist.

At first, it was just a physics problem, but by the mid-2000s, I began to see the potential for human suffering in the equations and data. I never wanted to get into politics, and I still don't, but I also feel that history will one day judge harshly scientists who understood what was going on and did nothing. Even more importantly, I also care deeply about my two kids and the future they will inherit.

As a proud born-and-bred Texan, I am naturally suspicious of the government telling me what to do. But I also recognize that a balance between free markets and environmental protection must be struck, and that past environmental regulations (e.g., the U.S. Clean Air Act) have delivered tremendous benefits for society at low cost and little loss of freedom. So my judgment as a citizen is that we need to begin a decades-long effort to substantially reduce emissions by the middle of the 2050s.

Source [My underline and bold]:

Posted on 20 September 2013 by Dr. Andrew Dessler

What scientists SHOULD talk about: their personal stories

Hat tip to tigerade.

Last edited: