Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Realistic sale price 2017 Model 3? 17k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Realistically, what would a fair price be for my 2017 Model 3 with 17 miles?

White w/aero wheels
VIN 0015XX
Build date 2017 or 2018 (door sticker says 2018 build, registered as 2017)
Long range RWD
EAP and FSD enabled
No dents or dings.
Some road rash on wheels, as seems to be the case with most Model 3s w/more than 10 miles :)

Tesla offered $37,600

Looking to replace w/Performance
Tesla might offer some FSD features along with the new chip in March. That might help your resale a little.

I'm surprised we're seeing LR with EAP and around 20k miles going for around $40k now. This is right in line with my secret plan to buy a used one in the next couple years. :D

If you ascribe no value to driving a Tesla for years it might be a good idea.

You will also be behind the advancement curve. The hand me down wasn’t for your good but the interest of the seller.

The time is now for the first Tesla. Future ones you can take your time on.

Reactions: shrspeedblade
If you ascribe no value to driving a Tesla for years it might be a good idea.

You will also be behind the advancement curve. The hand me down wasn’t for your good but the interest of the seller.

The time is now for the first Tesla. Future ones you can take your time on.

I totally see the value of driving a Tesla now, rather than later, but my wife isn’t quite there yet. ;)

I've been keeping a eye on used Tesla's on craigslist and various websites. The going rate for a Model 3 with autopilot and FSD should be between 45-50k. The lowest price ive seen is 40k for a base bare bones Model 3. Post it on craigslist for 50k and see what your local market offers.

After a year reading this forum, these are my conclusion on selling a used Tesla:

1) Do not sell it back to Tesla. Their offer is usually the lowest.
2) Do not sell it on a Tesla forum. The forum members knew too much. To make the most money, you want ignorant buyers.
3) Get a quotes from the online car buy/sell services like Carvana, Vroom, etc... they seem to offer very competitive price to buy your car.

Thanks for the replies. Thinking it's likely that I will just keep the car at this point and if not, as suggested sell private party rather than take Tesla's offer.

I don't need a new car, it's just driving the Model 3 is more enjoyable *to me personally/opinion only* than the Model S, however that power in the S is missed. Very much so. This gets me longing for the fun of the 3 w/S's extra pep, and so, well here I am.

In the long-run, waiting to see what becomes of the FSD will have to become my focus. Or, so I'll attempt to tell myself.

Thanks again for the suggestions and helpful replies!

Thinking the same here to upgrade for a 3P. Mine I got on May so is 2018 LR EAP Deeep Blue, with grandfathered Premium Connectivity (hey a $100/ year means some extra coffee cups), 8800 miles by now. Saw some craiglists, was thinking around $44k ish in CA, Los Angeles. Trying to convince wife for 3P :)

• Love
Reactions: Jaywlker
Thanks for the replies. Thinking it's likely that I will just keep the car at this point and if not, as suggested sell private party rather than take Tesla's offer.

I don't need a new car, it's just driving the Model 3 is more enjoyable *to me personally/opinion only* than the Model S, however that power in the S is missed. Very much so. This gets me longing for the fun of the 3 w/S's extra pep, and so, well here I am.

In the long-run, waiting to see what becomes of the FSD will have to become my focus. Or, so I'll attempt to tell myself.

Thanks again for the suggestions and helpful replies!
wise decision.

I had to convince myself this same exact thing :p Had MS, got the 3 back in Jan, loved it more than the S, sold the S, made the same mistake of test driving P3D, wanted one.. but then, 3LR has served me well these past 10 months and almost 20,000 miles.:D Have to keep reminding myself, be happy and keep this car for the next 5-10 years and don't ever test drive another Tesla, especially when the Roadster finally come out!;)

• Love
Reactions: Jaywlker