Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

reality check: 328i, 335xi performance vs. model 3. how fast is 'fast'?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Red Sage
this extra clear dyno chart for your reading pleasure
tesla-model-s-power-and-torque-png.47712

The P90D does 0-100 in 21.8 seconds?? TWENTY ONE POINT EIGHT SECONDS, REALLY?? It could pull a BMW to 100mph quicker than that

• Disagree
Reactions: Red Sage
Seriously though.. I'm not sure who you are trying to impress (or convince).... people on this forum or yourself. Is the Tesla a race car or a sports car? No, it's a 4-door sedan. Are there faster cars? Of course. But where it actually matters, you know, driving around town, the full torque at 0 on an electric motor is a entirely different experience.

And I'm not talking about flooring off the line at a stop light. I'm talking about getting through an opening in traffic and having no hesitation. I'm talking about having such granular control over low speeds and being able to instantly ramp it up when needed. I've driven some pretty powerful gas powered cars and there is always a hesitation, even if it's small. It's really something that has to be experienced--describing it on a forum just doesn't work.

any decent cars 500+hp can smoke p90d in high speed runs, certain in Germany this is an everyday phenomenon

LOL, ok friend. Next time you live in Germany and do high speed races "everyday" then I'll give ya the win. I'm curious how many times a day you do 0-100 in Toronto traffic. I do give you points for cleverly signing up here and relentlessly pushing your point, I bet you giggle in narcissistic joy each time someone replies. :D

Did you know that an Aventador is faster than almost all cars on the road today? But I also guarantee that the old rich guy that I saw yesterday in his white one in the parking lot of KFC doesn't give one cent about racing you, me, or anybody, ever. So enjoy your numbers and torque charts!

Status
Not open for further replies.