TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Really dislike driving an ICE now!!

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Mrcook4590, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Mrcook4590

Mrcook4590 Member

My X is in the shop for repair after someone backed into me in a parking lot in July (thanks to Tesla's SC in Raleigh for confirming for the other lady's insurance company that my car was, indeed, parked at the time!). I picked up an Expedition yesterday, and I feel like I need to learn to drive again! The size of the car isn't so much the problem; I had an extended Navigator before the X. The problem is that this car does not slow down when I take my foot off of the accelerator. I've been leaving extra space between me and the car in front. I keep looking for the gear shifter on the steering column instead of on the console. I'm sure I look funny swiping my hand in the air trying to grab what isn't there. I'm so spoiled now by all of the features of my car. I am so thankful that I'll be getting it back soon!!!

• Funny x 1
  2. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

Yea, I have had that same issue myself.

3. ecrsail

ecrsail Member

Ditto. I was fortunate enough to be given an X loaner when my vehicle was getting its 25K receive recently, but for the previous service visit I was given an expensive German ICE sedan as a loaner. I appreciated the thought, but could not wait to be back in a Tesla.

4. outie

outie Active Member

Hopefully you will get the car back soon.

I don't dislike ICE I just got used to EV. As much as I like EV, I'd still love to get my hand on an ICE sports car. Eyeing on the Porsche 911 GT3. There's just something special with the engine / exhaust noise / changing gear manually.

5. Mrcook4590

Mrcook4590 Member

I did get my car back very quickly - so thankful! I love to drive a manual transmission; however, those are harder and harder to find here in the states.