Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Really dislike driving an ICE now!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X is in the shop for repair after someone backed into me in a parking lot in July (thanks to Tesla's SC in Raleigh for confirming for the other lady's insurance company that my car was, indeed, parked at the time!). I picked up an Expedition yesterday, and I feel like I need to learn to drive again! The size of the car isn't so much the problem; I had an extended Navigator before the X. The problem is that this car does not slow down when I take my foot off of the accelerator. I've been leaving extra space between me and the car in front. I keep looking for the gear shifter on the steering column instead of on the console. I'm sure I look funny swiping my hand in the air trying to grab what isn't there. I'm so spoiled now by all of the features of my car. I am so thankful that I'll be getting it back soon!!!

• Funny
Reactions: Freedom101
Ditto. I was fortunate enough to be given an X loaner when my vehicle was getting its 25K receive recently, but for the previous service visit I was given an expensive German ICE sedan as a loaner. I appreciated the thought, but could not wait to be back in a Tesla.

Hopefully you will get the car back soon.

I don't dislike ICE I just got used to EV. As much as I like EV, I'd still love to get my hand on an ICE sports car. Eyeing on the Porsche 911 GT3. There's just something special with the engine / exhaust noise / changing gear manually.

Hopefully you will get the car back soon.

I don't dislike ICE I just got used to EV. As much as I like EV, I'd still love to get my hand on an ICE sports car. Eyeing on the Porsche 911 GT3. There's just something special with the engine / exhaust noise / changing gear manually.
I did get my car back very quickly - so thankful! I love to drive a manual transmission; however, those are harder and harder to find here in the states.