Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Really? I just got the darn thing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know it's probably bad if you're sitting in a restaurant and the manager comes to your table asking if you own the grey Tesla in the parking lot. Long story short, some guy backed into our car and damaged the rear bumper and back quarter panel, plus whatever the sensor is that's back there.

I saw other threads mention Tesla-approved body shops. How do I get that list? Should I be calling Tesla support for guidance? I am in contact with the guy that hit me and he is insured and claims full responsibility.

Thanks,
Wuggado

You know it's probably bad if you're sitting in a restaurant and the manager comes to your table asking if you own the grey Tesla in the parking lot. Long story short, some guy backed into our car and damaged the rear bumper and back quarter panel, plus whatever the sensor is that's back there.

I saw other threads mention Tesla-approved body shops. How do I get that list? Should I be calling Tesla support for guidance? I am in contact with the guy that hit me and he is insured and claims full responsibility.

Thanks,
Wuggado

Sorry to hear of the mishap. That's awful. Here's "Find an Approved Body Shop" - from the Tesla site:

Find an Approved Body Shop

• Informative
Reactions: Skione65
Sorry to hear of the mishap. That's awful. Here's "Find an Approved Body Shop" - from the Tesla site:

Find an Approved Body Shop

Thanks @tinm.

As a side note, I had been thinking of getting a dashcam, but hadn't yet felt the need. Right after I got called outside yesterday it looked like a hit and run, and I was kicking myself for not getting a dashcam. My next thought was to check if any cars in the vicinity had a dashcam, but couldn't see any.

Needless to say, I am shopping for Blackvue 650's as we speak. If anyone knows of a good installer in the Bay Area, please let me know.

What a bummer, but really stuff happens. My father backed into my Porsche 911 long ago, and did $3000 in damages. Had to eat that expense myself. He didn't believe in looking backward. :)
Yeah, last night I had the whole 'why me?' thing going on, but my perspective is back today. Kudos to the guy who hit me for stepping up to his responsibility as an automobile driver.

Needless to say, I am shopping for Blackvue 650's as we speak. If anyone knows of a good installer in the Bay Area, please let me know.[/QUOTE]

I just bought four 650s from RearView Safety. They had the best pricing I could find. I have bought other stuff from them and have been satisfied.

I just bought four 650s from RearView Safety. They had the best pricing I could find. I have bought other stuff from them and have been satisfied.

They have good pricing, but agree... I'd be curious to know if there are good installers in the Sacramento area that people have used to install a dash cam. If they're good enough might be willing to go to the bay area as well.

Thanks,
Wuggado

@Wuggado?,

Well.....thank goodness the guy owned up to it...I was just waiting for the next sentence to be he "sped off" and it was a 'hit and run'.....I'm glad it wasn't. That's the first battle. Wishing you the best with getting her repaired, please keep us posted on your progress and any advice on the process for when it happens to others.

Ski

Yeah, last night I had the whole 'why me?' thing going on, but my perspective is back today. Kudos to the guy who hit me for stepping up to his responsibility as an automobile driver.
I had my brand new refreshed S60D for TEN DAYS when someone backed into my front bumper and rolled out without saying anything. Glad I opted for the $500 deductible instead of the $1000 :)

I had right rear damage like op described on 6 June, and my S85 is still in the tesla approved body shop.
The car was drivable, with one right rear sensor not visible. Estimate is around $18,000.

One guy in a parking lot said that he could fix all the visible damage for $700.
Thankfully nobody was hurt, and we found the H&R car 3 blocks away.