Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Really want Sub Zero Cold Weather Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did see that one guy successfully installed sub zero in his non sub zero vehicle. However, I just had a mobile service guy out to my house to program a new key fob and was asking him if I installed all the parts, if it’s possible to have that activated. He replied “no it’s not that easy. You can just installed that and flip a switch in the software to turn it on”

so now I’m second guessing myself and I don’t know if it’s something I should pursue. Anyone else have these thoughts? Has anyone else attempted this?

If you can locate and install all of the hardware properly it is as simple as flipping a switch on the software side.

There needs to be a trouble ticket open on your car and then a tech can connect via your car's diagnostic port with his/her laptop and enable the software by changing CW00 to CW01 (w/o heated steering wheel) or CW02 (w/heated steering wheel) and your Subzero is active. Lots of techs are hesitant to do this because lots of mistakes can be made on the hardware installation side which could cause issues. Understandable.

You also have to understand that some techs know only what they're taught and most fix broken handles all day long and are never tasked with thinking outside of that box. You can't expect them to know how to do something that almost nobody does.

So it can be done but the difficult part (aside from sourcing all of the hardware and then installing it properly) is finding someone @ Tesla to flip that switch once you do.

• Love
Reactions: Perzivel