Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Really weird occurrence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I were driving down I-5 from viisiting friends in the Plymouth Valley heading to Santa Barbara. We were aproaching the Firebaugh supercharger when my wife noticed a dash warning listing numerous problems. No autopilot, no traction control, no ABS, no cruise, and a couple of others. We stopped to charge and I had a look at the web to see if anyone else had reported it and one solution was to do a restart which we did a couple of times. No luck. I drove it home but without the features the thing was a PIA to drive, particularly maintaining speed given the hills and traffic. It turns out to be a lead from the right front tire having been worn by the tire. Easily seen.

Thank goodness our local service center is ready for me on Tuesday...

My MX was inspected sometime back by mobile service from Tesla to check on a wire harness which sometime comes too close to the tire/tierods which move the tire. Seems they received a lot of complaints and wanted to a preventative safety check . This was in March 2021. Not sure if your issue is the same. I have a 2019 MX.

Common problem. Wheel speed sensor cable that came loose and started rubbing against your wheel. Take a look behind each front wheel and see if the cable came loose.

8528ABA9-F1CE-44FD-9403-4CA845E47DF1.jpeg
98F02FBA-1196-487F-B45F-BC8036A21E42.jpeg
4C4B0F33-C34D-4114-98E9-05C099DEFBF2.jpeg

If you look to the right of the wire photo, you can see a black bracket with a round opening where the wire is secured.
Hey Axtrader. I never really wanted to own another black car. But I must say the X looks super sharp in black. You just don’t see them in black very often. At least mine looks black at night. Sorry for the off topic comment :)

Reactions: Axtrader