Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Realtime Supercharger Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I start my trip through the hottest area in the country right now, I want to check open Supercharger stalls along I-5 in Northern California, which, because of the historic heat dome, is prompting PGE brownouts for the next couple of days. If I cannot charge due to shut-offs by the utility, I can take a Diesel car with good range to get me through the critical area.

I checked A Better Routeplanner to get live updates of supercharger availability, but cannot seem to navigate to that page. Someone else also suggested the Tesla iPhone app, but there is no info on Superchargers enroute, other than "nearby" my home (I will be coming from another state).

Can someone please link a website URL that shows live, realtime Supercharger availability?

(also posted this on the 'Supercharging' site, but have not received any responses)

Last edited:
Your Tesla will provide you with accurate information as to the current status of the supercharger and how many stalls are available.

That said, I am not sure that any of that matters, because what matters is whether you have power while YOU are there. If you're that worried about it, I would recommend alternative transportation.

PG&E may have rolling blackouts during this heat wave but today may be the best chance of it happening (for the foreseeable future; i.e., 10 days). Today has been forecast to be the highest energy demand on the grid. The weather is supposed to start getting cooler by this Saturday (10th) in the Central Valley and north of Sacramento where I-5 runs. Right now the measured high for today in my backyard here in South San Jose is 114.8 and power has been steady.

My feeling is that (scheduled) rolling blackouts are not as bad as wildfire(s). A planned outage usually only happens for a couple of hours and is generally in a contained area. A fire can take down the grid for days.

The navigation system in your car can tell you as close to "real-time" as possible of the status of the Supercharger stations across the country. Like you said, the app only gives you the 10 closest to your car's location.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindenwood
Before I start my trip through the hottest area in the country right now, I want to check open Supercharger stalls along I-5 in Northern California, which, because of the historic heat dome, is prompting PGE brownouts for the next couple of days. If I cannot charge due to shut-offs by the utility, I can take a Diesel car with good range to get me through the critical area.

I checked A Better Routeplanner to get live updates of supercharger availability, but cannot seem to navigate to that page. Someone else also suggested the Tesla iPhone app, but there is no info on Superchargers enroute, other than "nearby" my home (I will be coming from another state).

Can someone please link a website URL that shows live, realtime Supercharger availability?

(also posted this on the 'Supercharging' site, but have not received any responses)
You have to subscribe to ABRP. It was $5 a month, after 2 weeks free trial, last year. I haven't checked this year. When you subscribe to Premium membership, you get live updates of Supercharger status.
1662507702055.jpeg

Your Tesla will provide you with accurate information as to the current status of the supercharger and how many stalls are available.

That said, I am not sure that any of that matters, because what matters is whether you have power while YOU are there. If you're that worried about it, I would recommend alternative transportation.
Unfortunately this only applies within a limited range, so planning for hundreds of miles away is difficult.

But as you say, the situation can change so practically this limitation is not that important, except in the case of a long term closure (which would be critical to know about on some routes before starting a trip).