Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reapply Calif HOV sticker installed with ppf?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I applied my California HOV stickers to a piece of ppf for easy removal later when it expired. Didn’t think about what if I needed to remove and REapply it after an accident. Anyway, the accident happened and I need to remove then reapply the stickers. How do I do that?

Thanks!

Gave it a shot with a heat gun. Bottom line ended up not working for me. I was impatient and started pulling before heated enough. The sticker separated from the ppf leaving some ‘void’ marks on the ppf. Not sure if I can reapply the sticker to new piece of ppf. Big plus, both removed cleanly off the bumper. So, planB it is!

Gave it a shot with a heat gun. Bottom line ended up not working for me. I was impatient and started pulling before heated enough. The sticker separated from the ppf leaving some ‘void’ marks on the ppf. Not sure if I can reapply the sticker to new piece of ppf. Big plus, both removed cleanly off the bumper. So, planB it is!

You may have to pay a nominal fee for it, but I seem to remember a choice on the forum you submit to get the first one to request a replacement.

I never saw the value of putting the stickers on, so we don't use them, but I'm retired. Most HOV lanes are open to two or more people in a car, and except for high volume traffic during "rush" hours allow full usage. As one who drives when I want, I just go when the HOV lanes are open to anyone and never have a problem. If I started work in San Francisco at 8AM, I'd need to use the freeway and drive in the packed traffic, or buy a sticker for my car and drive in the near empty HOV lane. After 10AM, the sticker is not required. Same holds true for PM traffic. Many companies allow for flexible hours and people arrange work schedules to coincide with traffic.

It's far less of an eye-sore than a front plate.

Can someone inform an ignorant non-californian the significance of this sticker? I've seen this eye sore on beautifully modified cars and I'm always confused... the incentive better be good enough.
It's a HOV/carpool sticker which allows you to use HOV/carpool lanes during rush hour even with one person in the car. If you commute a lot, it can save a lot of time.

Also you get discounts at bridges. For example, crossing the Bay Bridge costs only $3 during carpool hours instead of $6.
San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge - FasTrak

• Informative
Reactions: MODEL+