Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Rear Adjustable Camber Bushings for Model S/X Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK we are finally ready to offer our new solution up for pre-order (ships in about 2 weeks). We have both Adjustable Camber Arms and Toe Arms that are ready for primetime. Thank you to everyone for your patience and inquiries about when our product would be available. Our first production batch is selling out quickly so make sure to order yours soon to get them ASAP. They're priced at $424.99 for a set of 2 or $799.00 for a set of 4 so pretty close to the price as our original camber bushings. (Final coating will be "EV Blue" and they are make from Billet 7075 Aluminum.)

L1050556.jpg

L1050558.jpg

Last edited:
To those wondering, the huge advantage that these have over the original design is that they keep the ride height sensor mounting point in its stock position - so you don't have to have the car re-leveled after installation.
Correct and where its not an eccentric the way the bushings were it won't move the ride height in the rear up or down depending on how you adjust it.

• Love
Reactions: sorka
That is the hope. They're made from Billet 7075 and the final color is going to be EV Blue to match our Model 3 arms that we are selling now.

Need to track down all the other threads on this issue and post the availability of these in those. Lots of watchers on much longer threads on this issue...if it hasn't already been done.

If I didn't already have mine from another vendor for twice the price (and they're not even making them any more), I'd snag these up in 2 seconds.

I really have to hand it to your company for pivoting on a dime and developing this solution over the eccentric camber bushings!!!

Need to track down all the other threads on this issue and post the availability of these in those. Lots of watchers on much longer threads on this issue...if it hasn't already been done.

If I didn't already have mine from another vendor for twice the price (and they're not even making them any more), I'd snag these up in 2 seconds.

I really have to hand it to your company for pivoting on a dime and developing this solution over the eccentric camber bushings!!!
Excellent Idea.... guess I have my work for the next hour or two cut out for me :) Thanks for the kudo's. When one thing didn't work for everyone we had to go back to the drawing board. Unfortunately the world also got in the way big time for something like this to come to fruition!

Excellent Idea.... guess I have my work for the next hour or two cut out for me :) Thanks for the kudo's. When one thing didn't work for everyone we had to go back to the drawing board. Unfortunately the world also got in the way big time for something like this to come to fruition!

Please post the threads you find here. I have a vague recollection of them so if any big ones are missing, I'll try and track them down.

That is the hope. They're made from Billet 7075 and the final color is going to be EV Blue to match our Model 3 arms that we are selling now.

And for those of you like me who were wondering the difference between 6061 and 7075 aluminum alloys:

What are the Differences Between 6061 and 7075 Aluminum? | Metal Supermarkets - Steel, Aluminum, Stainless, Hot-Rolled, Cold-Rolled, Alloy, Carbon, Galvanized, Brass, Bronze, Copper

TL:dR. Both 6061 and 7075 are heat-treatable, so their mechanical properties cannot be compared accurately without assuming the same type of heat treatment. When looking at both alloys in the -T6 condition (meaning solution heat-treated then artificially aged), several noticeable differences are observed. First off is that the tensile strength of 7075-T6 is nearly double that of 6061-T6. The shear strength of 7075-T6 is roughly 1.5 times that of 6061-T6. The former is substantially harder as well.

What do “we” consider ideal rear alignment specifications? I’ve got a P85D with staggered 21’s. Not lowered. Would like 1) the car to handle well and 2) the tires to last as long as possible.

I would shoot for around -1 to -1.5 rear camber (closer to -1.5). You want a LITTLE bit of toe in so that at speed you have effectively 0 toe in the rear. I would find a good performance alignment shop to get it done at. Not a "Firestone" or similar chain type shop. If you're in or around Los Angeles I can recommend some.

Here is what Tesla recommends from the shop manual:

upload_2020-8-13_16-10-38.png