Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Rear Adjustable Camber Bushings for Model S/X Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla Motors Club Members! My name is Chris Salvo, and I am the owner of EV Tuning Solutions, a new vendor to the TMC Forums.

Prior to starting EV Tuning Solutions, I was a Tesla Technician and Parts Advisor for about four and a half years. Before life at Tesla I was a Factory Trained BMW Technician and sold performance parts for BMW's. A couple months back I started EV Tuning Solutions to help realize my dream. I wanted to combine my factory knowledge of Tesla with my previous background in performance and aftermarket parts. I want to help owners personalize and improve the performance of their cars. I am based in Seabrook New Hampshire about 2 miles from the Seabrook Superchargers. We offer installation services for the products we sell, by appointment, on Saturdays.

I thought a fun way of saying hello and getting to know everyone would be with a group buy. Something that was always an issue as a technician with alignments was getting the rear camber set correctly. There is no factory adjustment for this alignment angle and even with proper tire maintenance (such as proper tire pressures and rotations) you can see the life of your tires decrease quickly. This was something as a BMW Mechanic I saw all too frequently on E53 X5's and other BMW's. So I went to my friends at K-MAC in Australia to discuss a solution to this problem. They have been designing suspension bushings for over 40 years and are very popular with BMW's and Mercedes Benz vehicles. Together we designed a replacement Eccentric Urethane Bushing for the Tesla Model S and X. The product comes with all necessary hardware and a bushing removal tool.

You will need to know a little information about your vehicle because there are two different sizes for bushings. However, between the information provided in the product description, as well as my experience as a Tesla Parts Advisor, I am confident we can narrow it down if you aren't sure. Normally they sell for $395.99 for a pair with free shipping. We are going to be offering them to TMC members for 25% off!!! This offer will be good until March 31st at Midnight. We have a replenishment order on the way that should most likely arrive around the end of the sale so orders will be fulfilled as soon as we have them on hand.

Use discount code "TMC Bushings" for 25% off. (*Discount is applied when going to checkout, NOT when looking at your cart)

Learn more about them at the link HERE.

There is a great installation video in the product description from our friends at Evolution Automotive LLC in NY. There is also a follow up Youtube Video from Chris at Evolution Automotive LLC after driving on the bushings for a while.

If you have any questions or run into any issues please email me at [email protected]. I look forward to getting to know the community and sharing new products and information about Tesla and EV’s in general!
IMG_9190.JPG IMG_9191.JPG IMG_9192.JPG IMG_9193.JPG IMG_9194.JPG IMG_9195.JPG IMG_9196.JPG IMG_9197.JPG IMG_9198.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: David99
I get similar inner edge wear problems on my fronts... Is there any way to address that?

The front suspension has both caster and camber adjustments from the factory. You may need an alignment. Typically Tesla and myself would recommend you get the alignment at least checked and adjusted as needed yearly. You may also have worn out bushings on the front control arms or worn/bent tie rod ends.

I have these on my P85, and the biggest difference I noticed, was the heat in the tires after a long trip, as well as the energy usage. I make the same trip 2 or 3 times a month, and it's all dead flat highway driving, each way. I would always notice the inner shoulders were 30-40 degrees warmer than the outer shoulders (I keep an IR thermometer in the car to check the exhausts on superchargers, to see which ones are working harder). After installing the bushings, and aligning the rear tires a bit straighter (-.8* rear camber, .05* rear toe - lowest suspension setting), the tires are now more evenly heated, and cooler overall. I have the car set to auto lower at 50mph, and the energy usage has gone down consistently. Prior trips would average ~270wh/mi, and I'm now averaging about 255 on the same trips (some days, even lower). Now, my favorite part: Because of the characteristics of these bushings, they move the entire camber arm while adjusting. The way I have my car set, it moved the arm out a few millimeters, which caused the ride height sensor to read incorrectly, and raise up the rear of the car about an inch over stock. This can be easily calibrated by your service center back to proper height, but I chose to leave it, because who doesn't like a little forward rake? Don't mind the car. It's dirty and beat up from the winter here in the Northeast.
29214977_360420067792177_8999142282640752640_o.jpg
29261715_360420074458843_2103431461230084096_o.jpg

The increase in range was a nice surprise! Increased tire wear and range are both a big deal from a financial standpoint. If anyone has any questions I know this is a specialty product. I am happy to help with any information anyone hasn't been able to find on our site or the video on youtube.

How about the air suspension sensor links? Sounds like adjustable links are needed to avoid raising the rear. Is that something you have or you know of some you recommend?
A simple ride height recalibration from Tesla is all that is needed. Basically the car needs to be told what "level" is again and then it'll be fine. There is no need to buy additional parts. This ride height calibration is done part of the alignment process during an annual service as well.

Also remember that car was aligned in "very low" vs "standard" so that is why things are more dramatic. If you were to just dial out camber at the standard height there wouldn't be such a dramatic change in the ride height in the rear.

I went ahead and got some adjustable lowering links so I have an easy way of adjusting the height. Found a place that sold me just the rears for $70 shipped. I don't think going to the service center is much of an option as I've heard that they won't do alignment work on cars with modified suspension?

I went ahead and got some adjustable lowering links so I have an easy way of adjusting the height. Found a place that sold me just the rears for $70 shipped. I don't think going to the service center is much of an option as I've heard that they won't do alignment work on cars with modified suspension?

They would really have to be looking hard to notice the bushings. But if you went in saying that your ride height was off and could they recalibrate it I doubt it would raise any red flags. We had customers that did that when I worked for Tesla. It was usually because of a bent ride height sensor but sometimes it just gets out of wack. But the lowering links will essentially do the same thing so you're good either way.

I realize this is a difficult question so if you have not tested It, please say that. What change to the bump steer of the rear wheels does this give, if any? Raising or lowering the inboard link would change how parallel the pivot arms are and there fore the camber change as the wheel moves up and down. Camber will not affect bump steer like toe in, but it will affect it some.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
I realize this is a difficult question so if you have not tested It, please say that. What change to the bump steer of the rear wheels does this give, if any? Raising or lowering the inboard link would change how parallel the pivot arms are and there fore the camber change as the wheel moves up and down. Camber will not affect bump steer like toe in, but it will affect it some.

I appreciate the question. I think it's a valid point that most wouldn't think twice about but looking at your signature I would say you're not the average owner and probably drive your car more "spiritedly" than most haha.

I am going to let Mysterylectric chime in on this one when he has a minute. He has installed them, aligned and driven on them for several months now so he's probably the best "unbiased" opinion with first hand experience. He also has better working knowledge than I do with regards to all the alignment angles and specifications and how one changed the other during the alignment and how it drove on the street afterwards.

Reactions: The Duke
I don't think it will change bump steer as the toe-link will also be adjusted longer. I could be completely wrong, of course, but the front suspension adjusts the control arm to change camber and doesn't have terrible bump steer.

They would really have to be looking hard to notice the bushings. But if you went in saying that your ride height was off and could they recalibrate it I doubt it would raise any red flags. We had customers that did that when I worked for Tesla. It was usually because of a bent ride height sensor but sometimes it just gets out of wack. But the lowering links will essentially do the same thing so you're good either way.

Ok, I see what you're saying. Don't have them do an alignment, just ride height adjustment. Yeah, that would probably work. I like the idea of controlling the height myself though and for $70 I save a (rather long) trip the the SC.

Ok, I see what you're saying. Don't have them do an alignment, just ride height adjustment. Yeah, that would probably work. I like the idea of controlling the height myself though and for $70 I save a (rather long) trip the the SC.

Yea proximity to a service center is a big one for a lot of people. PM me a link to where you got the adjustable links and perhaps I can look into carrying them/making it a package price going forward.