Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear air suspension not responsive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed APGuys lowering links and when I took it out of Jack mode the back never budged. Is there a fuse to pull to reset the rear suspension leveling? I tried powering down car, also tried resetting computer. I’ll try reinstalling my stock links in the back to see if that triggers some movement. Pretty disappointed!
397D14A7-BDA2-4718-B276-B9053A9FC116.jpeg

Installed APGuys lowering links and when I took it out of Jack mode the back never budged. Is there a fuse to pull to reset the rear suspension leveling? I tried powering down car, also tried resetting computer. I’ll try reinstalling my stock links in the back to see if that triggers some movement. Pretty disappointed! View attachment 648254
Are you sure the links are in the correct way? I made the mistake of putting the links in the wrong way and the similar thing happened to me at the front of the car. Its kind of hard to explain the correct way the links should be, but the arm of the sensor should face downwards if that makes sense

Most likely the issue. Check the “3D Printed Lowering Links” thread for all the pertinent info.

Installed correctly. Although they’re not a product I’d JRE on my car no matter what at this point. They cracked on one side of both rears. Waste of $40.
343AF108-1224-44B3-9B2A-DFD7DDD1E596.jpeg

I did get the red jack icon and a specific error code. EAS_w007

I’ve seen this code a bit on the forums. I wi fee what the fix is? Reboots etc do not work.

Attachments

• E5C62BC5-F418-4A23-AC3B-FBA7D2D81AF0.jpeg
    E5C62BC5-F418-4A23-AC3B-FBA7D2D81AF0.jpeg
    314.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 8E8C1F10-4F44-4C75-A14D-53F25B6B3F8F.jpeg
    8E8C1F10-4F44-4C75-A14D-53F25B6B3F8F.jpeg
    589.8 KB · Views: 157
I’ve only gotten that error/icon twice. Reboots/came back to the car later both times and issue was cleared.

BTW I notice you have The Camber King adjustable arms... how fortuitous for me as I was thinking of getting them as well. Good quality and easy to adjust/set by the alignment shop?? TIA!

They are NOT easy to adjust and set. The sleeve is difficult to loosen on both sides so that the camber can be set. It’s probably the cheapest set out there but where to tighten down the sleeves so as not to alter ride height in back... it’s a mystery. Very frustrating.

Reactions: Doanster1
They are NOT easy to adjust and set. The sleeve is difficult to loosen on both sides so that the camber can be set. It’s probably the cheapest set out there but where to tighten down the sleeves so as not to alter ride height in back... it’s a mystery. Very frustrating.
Wow, glad I asked then. Looks like gotta pony up for the usual suspects/brands then. Thx!!!

And SAS now functionally properly? Strange if so, even if the printed links were broken. Unless of course the ball joint just spun and didn’t move the actual lowering link.
It’ll work at each level but then goes back to error code mentioned earlier. Soonest Tesla service is April 5. And that’s fifteen miles away.
Don’t mention the lower links to them, they will try to avoid fixing it under warranty then.
I’I haven’t been under warranty for years.
64D9DB05-EFF2-46DC-9330-38D91B5B4C3B.jpeg

Sounds like just bad timing in that one of the sensors has gone bad. Are the links hitting the wheel well liner by any chance. I had to trim some of it away even though I’m using stock links since the carpet bulged outward over time.