Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear air suspension ride height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had a problem with their rear air suspension ride height, my classic model s seems to ride lower in the rear. I usually have the suspension set to low all the time, but now the rear is really low and if I adjust the ride height to very high the front goes all the way up and the rear moves up but not as high as the front. The service center pulled my logs and said that it maybe the rear height sensors needing recalibration.

Reactions: logan
Has anyone had a problem with their rear air suspension ride height, my classic model s seems to ride lower in the rear. I usually have the suspension set to low all the time, but now the rear is really low and if I adjust the ride height to very high the front goes all the way up and the rear moves up but not as high as the front. The service center pulled my logs and said that it maybe the rear height sensors needing recalibration.

Do you notice it being a lot lower after it sits over night? Can you hear/see it raise when you get in the car and hit the brake pedal (try to pay attention next time after it sits for awhile). If it does, then you have a slow leak like I had.
If it's just constant, then they need to recalibrate, also like they had to do for mine. It was consistently 1" lower than the front and also a difference between the LH and RH sides by 1/2". Once they recalibrated it is much better but still not perfect.

Do you notice it being a lot lower after it sits over night? Can you hear/see it raise when you get in the car and hit the brake pedal (try to pay attention next time after it sits for awhile). If it does, then you have a slow leak like I had.
If it's just constant, then they need to recalibrate, also like they had to do for mine. It was consistently 1" lower than the front and also a difference between the LH and RH sides by 1/2". Once they recalibrated it is much better but still not perfect.
Thanks for the info, it does not seem to be lower after sitting overnight. It seems to adjust but the rear is lower than normal. It seems to be consistent from left to right just not where it was normally. Going in next week and the service center seems to think it is a recalibration.

Thanks for the info, it does not seem to be lower after sitting overnight. It seems to adjust but the rear is lower than normal. It seems to be consistent from left to right just not where it was normally. Going in next week and the service center seems to think it is a recalibration.

OK next time you go into your car after it sat overnight pay attention to see if it raises, looking in your rearview mirror and a point of reference. This is after you touch the brake pedal. If it does you have a leak in your air springs like I did.

I have this same problem on my 2013 P85+. First time was In August and entire back end was riding super low even though setting was set to standard. Now the left rear is about 1/2" lower than right rear. Steering wheel is also off center to left a bit as a result. Taking to SC tomorrow which should be a joy with no Loaner cars any longer.

I have this same problem on my 2013 P85+. First time was In August and entire back end was riding super low even though setting was set to standard. Now the left rear is about 1/2" lower than right rear. Steering wheel is also off center to left a bit as a result. Taking to SC tomorrow which should be a joy with no Loaner cars any longer.
Mine was repaired by resetting the ride sensors.

Reactions: logan

Mine was just at the SC for other things and I asked them to look at it again and it was some bent sensor brackets they said. Apparently they are easy to bend and it happens a lot. They straightened them out and it sits perfect now. I wonder for how long tho :(

• Helpful
Reactions: dekuramen
My car has started sagging at the rear end when parked overnight.
Had 500kms left on ESA so I took it in... the diagnosis is that I need both air shocks replaced and it’s not covered under ESA. $2620 plus tax (Canadian).

Anyone else have this issue?

I just realized my Sig is gone
P85DL air suspension built and delivered Dec 2014

Last edited:
My car has started sagging at the rear end when parked overnight.
Had 500kms left on ESA so I took it in... the diagnosis is that I need both air shocks replaced and it’s not covered under ESA. $2620 plus tax (Canadian).

Anyone else have this issue?

I just realized my Sig is gone
P85DL air suspension built and delivered Dec 2014
Why isn’t it covered? Strange that both struts need replacing at the same time. Are they saying both have leaks internal to the struts themselves vs leaking air lines/connections?