Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Amp issues with Rear speakers and A2B connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, May be some one can help.
My rear speakers and Microphone stopped working - Meaning they go on and off with clicking noise. I took it to SC and they said we have to replace the amplifier. Since I am out of warrantee , I decided to do it myself. I bought a working amplifier from ebay and replaced it . Still same issue. The on and off rear speakers and clicking noise. I was troubleshooting the situation. There are three connections to the amplifier
1 small white , 1 small black (A2B) and a big white connections goes into the amplifier. when I connect all three the light inside the amplifier blinks amber and every time it blinks the click and disconnect is happening. Now I take the black (A2B) connector off, The blinking amber light is off and no clicking noise but rear speakers not working. Microphone works. I guess that black one is rear speaker connections.
Any pointer from folks here, What else I can troubleshoot?
How do I remove the A2B connector and put a new one? Is there a wiring harness? I did not find it in tesla parts site
upload_2020-9-26_13-49-21.png

When I dont connect this pin the front speakers and microphone work w
My rear speakers and Microphone stopped working - Meaning they go on and off with clicking noise. I took it to SC and they said we have to replace the amplifier. Since I am out of warrantee , I decided to do it myself. I bought a working amplifier from ebay and replaced it . Still same issue. The on and off rear speakers and clicking noise. I was troubleshooting the situation. There are three connections to the amplifier
1 small white , 1 small black (A2B) and a big white connections goes into the amplifier. when I connect all three the light inside the amplifier blinks amber and every time it blinks the click and disconnect is happening. Now I take the black (A2B) connector off, The blinking amber light is off and no clicking noise but rear speakers not working. Microphone works. I guess that black one is rear speaker connections.
How do I remove the A2B connector and put a new one? Is there a wiring harness? I did not find it in tesla parts site
View attachment 592538
im having the same issue right now did you figure it out?

Hello I'm having the same issue, I think the problem really came from MCU cause I have checked the circuit from MCU to the overhead console, and from overhead console the amp, the circuit is OK no shorts or electric noise, I have tested with toolbox and the test for amp and Lin connection failed I think you connection is not the issue and the issue came from MCU

View attachment 592538
Did you resolve this? I have same problem but nobody replies back here on how they fixed this issue.