Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Auto Mode? [for model 3 AC system]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember reading about an update that would allow the rear air to have an Auto for temp control. Is this something that was only for certain models?
I really need this feature on my Model 3. It gets annoying when i have riders in the back asking to either turn the air colder or hotter. Help us out here Tesla. After all, it is more distracting to keep having to play around with the rear temp while driving.

Reactions: ro_explorer
Is this something that was only for certain models?
Apparently it is only for S and X. But I feel your pain (since I'm having family in the rear seat in most of the long trips).

I believe the rear air output is automatically on where there is someone sitting in the back seat. That's how my car behaves I think. When there is no one, I have to manually turn it on when I want the whole cabin to be a constant temperature.
You are correct, same with passenger seat. Seems like HVAC for those zones only turn on automatically when riders are in those seats. What could be really nice is if the HVAC turned off once the passengers got out. Currently the car has to go back into park before it resets.

Ok... I actually often turn the back ON even when there is no one otherwise I feel the temperature difference between front and back and the AC has to work harder pushing cold air in my face to compensate. It's more comfortable if the rear is working all the time. Yes, it might consume a bit more energy but I don't care, I'm not hypermiling. In fact, I would take an option so the back is always on :) Shows how much different people want different things and we're all hard to please