Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Axel Squeal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - picked up the car today and wondering if any other fellow owners have noticed a consistent squeal from the rear. I seem to hear it only on the passenger side but not so much from the driver side.

Popped into the Oakville service centre to book an appointment to address some minor delivery issues and also for the squeal - service folks said I’m one of several that have come in and it’s a known issue which has yet to be addressed and no known fix yet. Just a heads up.

Yikes, that's not good. Is it a loud squeal?
Not really - I have to open the window on the passenger side to hear it. It sounds like when brake pads are in need of replacement and emit that high-pitched squeal but this isn’t as loud. Though I don’t see any difference in sound when applying or letting off the brakes - it is a constant, low-level squeal.

Keep an eye out for it, all.

Not really - I have to open the window on the passenger side to hear it. It sounds like when brake pads are in need of replacement and emit that high-pitched squeal but this isn’t as loud. Though I don’t see any difference in sound when applying or letting off the brakes - it is a constant, low-level squeal.

Keep an eye out for it, all.
This may or may not be anything but have you tried removing the aero covers and taking it for a spin? I read a few posts where people were complaining they were hearing a squeal and/or squeaks from the covers while in motion.