TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Rear Axel Squeal

Discussion in 'Canada' started by oakvillemike, Jun 4, 2018.

1. oakvillemike

oakvillemike Member

Hi all - picked up the car today and wondering if any other fellow owners have noticed a consistent squeal from the rear. I seem to hear it only on the passenger side but not so much from the driver side.

Popped into the Oakville service centre to book an appointment to address some minor delivery issues and also for the squeal - service folks said I’m one of several that have come in and it’s a known issue which has yet to be addressed and no known fix yet. Just a heads up.

2. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Yikes, that's not good. Is it a loud squeal?

3. oakvillemike

oakvillemike Member

Not really - I have to open the window on the passenger side to hear it. It sounds like when brake pads are in need of replacement and emit that high-pitched squeal but this isn’t as loud. Though I don’t see any difference in sound when applying or letting off the brakes - it is a constant, low-level squeal.

Keep an eye out for it, all.

4. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

This may or may not be anything but have you tried removing the aero covers and taking it for a spin? I read a few posts where people were complaining they were hearing a squeal and/or squeaks from the covers while in motion.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. oakvillemike

oakvillemike Member

No, didn’t think of that but I’ll give it a shot tomorrow.

• Like x 1