Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear bike rack (Model 3 / SUV )

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for most probably a rear bike rack. Holds 2/3 bikes , at the moment it’s just one adult bike and one kids bike we have, will likely be expanded as next kid grows up etc.

Would like to get something universal so could change it between our Model 3 (which one day becomes a Y) and the Evoque (this will prob become a Peugeot 5008).

Anyone any advise on any good interchangeable ones ?

Sorry ! I meant to say in original post that I have not got a tow hitch
Shame as Halfords currently have the Thule Xpress for the tow hitch for £54.99. Took it out this weekend with a couple of bikes and works great. Downside is that you need to remove bikes before the boot can be opened - but I’m guessing this is the case with most bike racks.

+1 for the Seasucker. Very easy to install on the M3 roof and has been brilliantly sturdy the times I've used it.

Other upside - when you first use it, you can check through the glass roof that its still attached (doesn't matter how many youtube clips you watch of people doing power slides with it on, you still think it will fall off every 5 minutes when you first drive with it!)

Reactions: MOBB
So I’ve got the Sarris Bones 3 bike rack. Used it today for the first time on the M3P, must admit (for the first time on any car I’ve had) it wasn’t a great fit! The panel gaps near the rear screen aren’t really big enough and I was lucky not to break the glass
I WOULDNT recommend any bike rack that’s like this and if you have a tow bar ... go for that option instead

also battery usage took an absolute hammering with it on ... I was on the motorway, set the CC at 70 and the battery went down much much faster than usual . Because of the drag, this would happen regardless of the rack used