Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear bumper reflector uk

johnmow

Feb 14, 2020
NN14 1DT
Hi. I cracked one of my rear bumper reflectors and I am having difficulty sourcing a new one? Has anyone got any ideas where I can get one of these. I have tried google search etc but having no luck. I would really appreciate if anyone could help with this.

Garlan Garner

Banned
Mar 31, 2016
Chicagoland

johnmow

Feb 14, 2020
NN14 1DT
Hi sorry I should have clarified, I am in the Uk. I did manage to source one through Tesla parts Uk. Cost £13 plus £8.70 for next day delivery, so very cheap. He told me there is no need to remove the bumper to replace the reflector, just prise the old one off and pop the new one on? Anyone else had experience of this?

johnmow

Feb 14, 2020
NN14 1DT
Hi thanks for that, however the one I have ordered doesn’t need wiring it’s just a reflector. The technician said it didn’t need the bumper removed it should just prise out and new one pop back in, haven’t really looked too closely yet so not sure if that is the case. I was under the impression the bumper would need to be removed.

Garlan Garner

Banned
Mar 31, 2016
Chicagoland
Hi thanks for that, however the one I have ordered doesn’t need wiring it’s just a reflector. The technician said it didn’t need the bumper removed it should just prise out and new one pop back in, haven’t really looked too closely yet so not sure if that is the case. I was under the impression the bumper would need to be removed.

If you are just replacing the reflector....then yes...you don't need to remove the bumper.

I had some wiring to do.

I'll post a pic later on.

Garlan Garner

Banned
Mar 31, 2016
Chicagoland
Sorry for the delay. Here are some pics.

Low illumination.

20200219_055949.jpg

High illumination.

20200219_060137.jpg

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC