Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Bumper Reflectors - Wrapped

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided to wrap my rear bumper reflectors in matte black so it matches the diffuser, since I don't like those goofy "rear fog light" replacement lights but I wanted something a little different looking. Makes it a bit more unique looking compared to the thousands of other Model Y (and Model 3) cars on the road in LA.

And for those who say they don't like it or that it's illegal or what not, it's just vinyl wrap so it'll come off in a few seconds if I want to take it off.

I'll take some further away pics after I wash my car, but here's a quick before & after look using some $8 matte black vinyl wrap from Amazon. When standing back from the car, it matches the factory diffuser perfectly and blends right in as part of the rear bumper.

LEFT-ORIG.jpg

LEFT-WRAP.jpg

RIGHT-ORIG.jpg

RIGHT-WRAP.jpg

Looks good until your parked car gets rear ended, but I digress. A happy medium with rear red reflectors is to wrap them in smoked film. You get the darker look, but they still reflect light at night.