Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was rear-ended a couple months ago and will soon have the insurance money to replace my rear bumper. Does anyone know if the redesigned rear bumper will fit on the original Model S? I drove by the a Service Center the other day and was able to see a redesigned MS, but since they were closed I was unable to ask about the rear bumper.

The front bumper and hood are obviously different designs and would not fit on the original MS, but the rear bumper looks nearly identical except for the bottom that is now painted. Looks like it might fit assuming the attachment fittings are in the same location.

I was rear ended in my Model S. My body shop is having difficulty getting a replacement bumper from Tesla. First replacement bumper was defective. Tesla was very slow to ship the second replacement bumper. Phone calls to Tesla Parts Department were not returned. My car has been at the body shop for 3 weeks now and the body shop still does not have the needed bumper. Very simple part replacement takes an unreasonable amount of time. The Tesla Parts Department appears to be the problem. The body shop informs me that this is fairly common and many other Tesla owners needing body work are frustrated by the same issue.