Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Camber adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it really not possible to adjust the camber in the rear on a non sport Roadster. My tires are wearing on the inside and the garage said that there were no place to adjust it. Is it possible to adjust on the Roadster Sport?

I think that is done via shims and the service center gave me a few extra. I adjusted mine to reduce the inside wear. I probably lost a little in cornering ability. AF1E4C1A-C114-4B06-8168-B9EE5805DE3B.jpeg Front_Suspension.png

Last edited:
Reactions: hcsharp
Is it really not possible to adjust the camber in the rear on a non sport Roadster. My tires are wearing on the inside and the garage said that there were no place to adjust it. Is it possible to adjust on the Roadster Sport?
I have a sport suspension but I know that you can adjust the non-sport camber the same way. You have to get the shims from Tesla or a Lotus shop. They gave me some but they don't cost much if you have to buy them.

I adjusted mine to be a little closer to the inside range of adjustment and it made a big difference to reduce tire wear on the inside.

So according to this: http://www.hcsharp.com/tesla/roadsterAlignSpecs/AlignSpecs.htm
1mm should be around 0.25°
Mine are:
Front Left -0.30° - Front Right is perfect:)
Back Left -2.30° - Back Right -2.06°

So I should need 18mm in Total. Quite a lot!
The Opel Speedster should use the same parts, and they sell 1mm and 3mm ones, so I will probably get them there.
Thanks for all the tips!
I think you read that wrong. You aren’t aiming for 0. Rear camber should be between -1.6 and -2.0. You need 1mm on the right and 2mm on the left.

DSC_4863.JPG

Argh, I finally thought I had it. But thanks. That almost makes sense now. This is the actual sheet I got from my last check.

So according to that I need 1 in the front yes, but here they say that I need 5 in the rear??
The rear tires were worn to the threads on the inside, so I am not surprised if this is actually the right adjustment

Last edited:
Also the rear toe-in seems to be off, make sure you correct that as well.
Before I had the wheels aligned, none of 3 different rear tire sets i had made 10k km (especially wearing out for me on the outside); I had too much toe-in. After the alignment, the new set has 10k and still lots of profile - extrapolate 30k-40k km i think. And I still regularly accelerate max. 2.5 sport

Reactions: hallvardr