Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Camber arms option - Hardrace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What best practice? The service manual does not list this as a single use bolt.

The bolts aren't single use. You should replace all nylon-insert locknuts. But those bolts can get rounded off and stretch if you've had several alignments, and they cost like $2.50. So since you have to replace the locknuts anyway, might as well replace the bolts and avoid a potential problem.

You should replace all nylon-insert locknuts. But those bolts can get rounded off and stretch if you've had several alignments, and they cost like $2.50.
Why does the number of alignments matter? You do not loosen these bolts to do an alignment.
And what's the deal with nylocks? Even in aviation we reuse nylocks. Where in the Tesla manual does it say to not reuse them?

Lock Nuts with a Nylon Insert are perhaps the most reliable lock nut, as it is only limited by the temperature of the application it has been used in. These are found in lower temperature applications, typically less than 177°C due to the polymers within the nylon lock nut.

They provide desirable reusability and can be used assuredly up to fifteen times after an initial fastening.

FAA AC43.13-1B literally tells you how to determine if a lock nut is reusable, and I can tell you from experience that it takes a lot more than one fasten/unfasten cycle to wear one out, and we're talking about use cases on control surfaces on aircraft.

Reactions: buckets0fun
And what's the deal with nylocks? Even in aviation we reuse nylocks. Where in the Tesla manual does it say to not reuse them?

Right here.

1655061692943.png

Regarding the first statement, I'm speaking about the inner control arm bolt. Which has the eccentric bolt you turn to perform camber adjustment. I replaced my bolt, eccentric washer, and nut because mine showed signs of stretching from being over torqued, and the nut was rounded off likely from someone trying to turn it with the wrong size wrench a few times in the last 10 years.

If you don't want to replace yours, cool. Then don't.

Last edited:
Interesting, I missed that in the current online service manual, because I was being a dummy and looking at the 21+ cars. Thanks for the pointer, although I still find that more of a CYA method for Tesla than a deeply engineering based one.

I mean, if you follow all of their instructions, you also can't do the install without a 4 post lift either, right? ;)

Last edited:
Hi !
I've bought so parts too for around 250€. And I've received them few days ago.
They seems to be of good quality even if Made in Taiwan.
Ordered through HardRace Europe (I live in France)
Still didn't had time to install them but very soon and I will tell you how it happened.

The setting side has to be installed close to the wheel hub to avoid any modification of car frame height (if you have pneumatic suspensions)

Nope, but just look at my pictures from the beginning of this thread.
Torques and such are all the same as a stock Tesla, use Tesla's free service manuals.
what Tesla free manual, that ****ing thing is $40 an hour to view.
unless you're talking about fixyourtesla.com which got shut down like 2 years ago and the only way to access it is via the wayback machine but there is no pics so some items are difficult to understand.

Nope. About 3 weeks ago, tesla made all their service manuals free. Just go here and sign up for an annual subscription, which is now $0:

Hell yeah its about god damned time. I don't even need the manual at the moment but i did the 1 year thing just in cease they change their minds back to the $40/hr crap by the time i need to look at it again lol.

Hi !
I've bought so parts too for around 250€. And I've received them few days ago.
They seems to be of good quality even if Made in Taiwan.
Ordered through HardRace Europe (I live in France)
Still didn't had time to install them but very soon and I will tell you how it happened.
I also received them a week or so ago but have not had time to install because Im on holiday (sucks because Im driving 3500km+ with misaligned rear tires..). Agree they look good and sturdy for the money. Price was €515 incl shipping via a4h-tech.com for both chamber and toe arms, they do not have them in stock but shipped within a week. Will have to see about adjustability though. Ill post some pics and alignment results of the install once I get to it next month. I’ll be on the lookout for a good alignment shop with tesla experience preferably with finish balancing equipment in the meantime.

so to have more positive camber...like I need to add 1 degree positive ...what do you think the start distance needs to be?...assuming it needs to be longer
No rational human runs positive camber on the rear end of a Model X, so I don't know what you are asking for.
290 mm gives you -0.4 degrees TOTAL, it doesn't change what you currently have by 0.4.

Reactions: buckets0fun
Read the comments carefully b4 making a smart ass remarks...not helping anyone assholes...

My rear camber is at -2.2 ...I need to get it back to more neutral...so I need more at least 1 positive degree...so trying to figure out how much longer to get back to .5 or neutral
lol wanting people to help but calling them assholes. sure that will get you far.