Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear camera, bi-level view - Ever seen this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MDR SEA

15 MS 85D, 16 MX 90D, 23 MY, Retired ICE Wrench
Dec 29, 2016
Pac NW
Today my rear view cam gave me a new bi-level view.
Dunno if it's a feature I turned on or...?
Any ideas?

Attachments

• Rear View Cam.jpg
    Rear View Cam.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 400
Whats the cone and curved lines mean?? I just saw that for the first time on my car this weekend..
The icon with the traffic cone and 3 curved lines is a button you can tap to turn on “Park Assist” view - result shown in photo by P85DBeast above. The icon appears anytime you have the rear camera on and are driving <5mph (8kph)

The strange jumbled/split screen bug sometimes happens for me, though rarely - happened a couple weeks ago for first time in over a year. Usually goes away by itself next time I start the car but reboot will also fix it.

Reactions: Don TLR
Thanks,, the Cone and lines just started appearing this weekend so maybe I got an update pushed to the car.
I’m pretty sure Park Assist and that icon has been around since before v7.0. Though the icon is only displayed if rear view camera is on the big screen and you’re driving <5mph.

Did you by chance recently start keeping the rear camera view on while driving, and perhaps that’s why you only just noticed the icon?

I’m pretty sure Park Assist and that icon has been around since before v7.0. Though the icon is only displayed if rear view camera is on the big screen and you’re driving <5mph.

Did you by chance recently start keeping the rear camera view on while driving, and perhaps that’s why you only just noticed the icon?

I've had my camera on since day one and only started seeing it this weekend, we both wondered what it was that just started showing up..

The icon with the traffic cone and 3 curved lines is a button you can tap to turn on “Park Assist” view - result shown in photo by P85DBeast above. The icon appears anytime you have the rear camera on and are driving <5mph (8kph)

The strange jumbled/split screen bug sometimes happens for me, though rarely - happened a couple weeks ago for first time in over a year. Usually goes away by itself next time I start the car but reboot will also fix it.

Typically this view can be turned on/off by tapping on the cone. No restarts were required (at least for me).

My16 s85 rear camera is worse in resolution and color then any of my other cars. (Vette, prius, Lincoln). Service tech tells me -- that is normal. In one visit, the Atlanta Service rep told me, that the AP was unreliable, the censors could not be relied upon, the processors for the wifi and Entertainment System were outdated and slow,