Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear camera crashing UI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check it out... While in the SF Bay area we only super charge as there's no wall connector installed at home. When we visited my folks in LA last week, we utilized the Tesla Wall connector there. Don't know if this is a Gen 1 or 2, but definitely not a 3. After a period of charging, the rear camera refuses to show an image, flashes a few times, and then proceeds to cause the UI to crash (just the center console, not the dash display). The car is perfectly fine unless the rear camera is engaged for any reason. Driving around for any period of time does not change this unless the car is soft or hard rebooted. The car is fine until the next charge cycle with the HPWC and this happens all over again. Since we've been back home this has not happened but again we only super charge here. I took delivery of the car in LA and we make at least one trip a month to my parent's house so this is not the first time we have used that HPWC. My brother's 2016 Model S P85D has no issues using it either. I showed this to Tesla as I had an appointment to replace a tire but was curious if anyone else had the same problem?

Yes.
This eventually let to the camera just went black permanently. But before it was permanently black, it would crash the console, force reboots. Also it would state "Camera not available" at best.

Tesla service fixed it, i honestly don't know how. They don't send me electronic zero cost invoices anymore.