Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Camera Fail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
76D454FF-9C21-447A-A52B-F154544EE82E.jpeg
76D454FF-9C21-447A-A52B-F154544EE82E.jpeg
Has anyone else put the car into reverse and gotten a black screen with the white tire track lines (see photo)? This has happened to me several times and toggling through other gears doesn’t solve the problem.

Thanks, but this is a problem of delay in the camera working. My post has to do with occasional failure of the rear camera to deploy in R AT ALL, including me getting out of the car and opening and closing the trunk to see if something is occluding the camera lens, putting the car in D and back to R, putting in P and getting out of the vehicle and getting back in, etc...

Thanks, but this is a problem of delay in the camera working. My post has to do with occasional failure of the rear camera to deploy in R AT ALL, including me getting out of the car and opening and closing the trunk to see if something is occluding the camera lens, putting the car in D and back to R, putting in P and getting out of the vehicle and getting back in, etc...

Same problem, I think. Sometimes it's available after a few seconds and sometimes it takes longer or doesn't come on at all. At least that's been my experience lately.

This had happened a few times for me as well where it just doesn't work until a reboot. Give that a try by holding down your two steering wheel knobs.

Reactions: TomB985 and afadeev
Not for me. I get the black camera for a few seconds about a third of the time I put the car in reverse.

Same here. Also on 2019.8.5 and the screen is black every time I go into reverse, the delay is between 3 - 10 seconds or not at all. The white lines always show up, even with the black screen. I am patiently waiting on an update... Been on 2019.8.5 for like a month now.

Also with 2019.8.5, I've had the entire screen black out while driving 3 times now. The only fix has been pulling over, parking, exiting the vehicle, and getting back in again. Really hoping for a fix soon.

Same here. Also on 2019.8.5 and the screen is black every time I go into reverse, the delay is between 3 - 10 seconds or not at all. The white lines always show up, even with the black screen. I am patiently waiting on an update... Been on 2019.8.5 for like a month now.

Also with 2019.8.5, I've had the entire screen black out while driving 3 times now. The only fix has been pulling over, parking, exiting the vehicle, and getting back in again. Really hoping for a fix soon.
Same as above, but usually if mine goes black, the two button steering wheel hold does the trick and restarts while driving.