Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear camera issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rear cam has just started doing this. I hope it’s not broken? Any ideas about what’s going on?

Attachments

• A6097D49-69D2-43B4-9AF3-F1994D593692.jpeg
    A6097D49-69D2-43B4-9AF3-F1994D593692.jpeg
    553.5 KB · Views: 182
I've been dealing with this for over a year now on my P3D. I've asked for a hardware replacement multiple times. I've been trying to bring it to the attention of Eon+Tesla corporate but to no avail. No replacement offered, service refuses to do anything about it, saying that a firmware update will eventually resolve it.

I asked Ryan McCaffrey via Twitter if he had seen it, and apparently he hadn't seen anything like that before.

Service keeps saying it's normal. I have 2 Tesla's though, and I know that I'm only seeing this on 1. Also -- even if it were normal in dark conditions and/or on cloudy days, it's not acceptable. Night/general darkness is >50% of the time here during the fall/winter and cloudy days are a near daily occurrence here in the PNW. I'm very disappointed with how Tesla has been handling this issue.

They're sweeping it under the rug along with the worn out MCU1 eMMCs and the bubbling/yellow screens of the S/X MCUs. Something's gotta give.

pink-lines-1.jpg
pink-lines-2.jpg
pink-lines-3.jpg
pink-lines-4.jpg

Photos in my post above are other examples of this (from other users who have reported) over the last year as well. It's a pretty widespread issue that really needs to be addressed (especially for those of us who have it persistently).

Does yours ever clear up or is it constantly like that now ? My car quit recording from the left camera while driving and I got the same response - "Don't worry, it will be fixed in the next update".

Exactly what I was thinking - I've also noticed quite a few threads recently of rear camera issues, all of which seem to be involving the model 3. I'm having issues with my rear camera as well. However my issues involve the rear camera blacking out only at a particular location

I am having the same issue. My rear camera is blacking out randomly in my office parking garage. Tried a reboot to no avail.

Does yours ever clear up or is it constantly like that now ? My car quit recording from the left camera while driving and I got the same response - "Don't worry, it will be fixed in the next update".

90-95% of the time we're seeing the lines, 60% of the time they're prominent, 100% of the time the image is grainy/blurry on this one compared to our other Tesla.

I also experienced the corrupt sentry mode recordings, empty files, etc... I've not seen anyone report that who has the AP3 computer (different video encoder in use there), and I have a feeling that once that rolls out we won't be seeing threads about "what USB drive should I use" since such issues will magically go away -- since the cause was not really the USB disk in use.

Did this happen yesterday by chance? Me and three other forum members had the exact same issue occur at some point yesterday, all the same day oddly enough and this morning it was gone. Computer car for ya.
Yes, It only happened for one day. Initially we thought it’s because it has been raining loads (uk) that maybe water went somehow inside and wrecked something up /caused some damp issue etc... but we doubt that now.

It’s okay today too. So far so good.