Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Camera Modes

bishoppeak

Oct 3, 2015
San Luis Obispo, CA
Talked a friend into a Performance 3. During a test drive the rep showed 3 different modes for the rear camera display. Now that she has the car, I can't find the screen to select those. They were various degrees of wide angles.

Reactions: asianxtreme

Marsnaut

Apr 7, 2016
NYC
Could it be possible you are mistaken? There is only one rear camera display. Different angles would require multiple cameras or different lenses.

Brenzo

Aug 8, 2018
Chicago, IL
Interesting... following in case someone knows something. It’s definitelt possible to do with single camera and lens because my old Honda could display a wide angle, fisheye lens and almost top down view and pretty sure it was all software trickery.

Reactions: T-Will

asianxtreme

May 13, 2018
San Francisco Bay Area
This would definitely be pretty helpful if the image could be changed to be less distorted with wide angle. Coming from a car with no backup camera, I'm finding the back camera to be a little hard to use and makes me nervous.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC