Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear camera turned green?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when i put the car in reverse my main backup camera had a green tint (almost looked like night vision) but it was during the day. i stepped outside and poked at the camera a bit and it snapped back to normal. anyone else have this issue?

Why is my TeslaCam Quality terrible!

Why is my TeslaCam Quality terrible!

This is a software and equipment issue. At least that’s what I was told by a tech when I took it in... stated that it’s a known issue and Tesla has been working in it... something to do with the fact that these are not action cameras

Honestly these look about par for the course. It's 720p video ran through an extremely powerful filter that allows the autopilot cameras maximum visibility in all light conditions. Keep in mind these cameras have to be able to see on a pitch dark road while highbeams of oncoming cars are dazzling them. Those visible lines you see are an artifact of this system. Often there is a purple colored tint with obvious vertical lines over the videos. These cameras weren't designed for taking studio quality photos, they needed small, cheap, rugged cameras that can make sure the AP system can see accurately what is going on around the vehicle. I think the only half decent camera on the vehicle is the rear one. The "Teslacam" feature was an afterthought and is not the primary use for these cameras. If you want amazing video quality, you'll need to spend $1000 or so for a good front and rear dashcam setup.

it happens across the tesla fleet :

[resolved] Backup Camera green screen only (MS)

found a shot of it when i saw it that day

Attachments

• 131509414_407556353993096_317782457888918837_n.jpg
    131509414_407556353993096_317782457888918837_n.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 326