Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Carbon Fiber spoiler lose on MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long does it take for you to notice another failure?
Last one started lifting 2 days after mobile guy came to house. This is absurd, the bend is obviously wrong.

Here is the last spoiler when I scheduled the appointment.
39B02E2E-134C-493F-8D08-B5EA1BFFEC1E.jpeg

Upvote 0
It’s hard to believe how much better the fitment is for the aftermarket spoiler compared to the OEM part. Most of the photos you guys post show that the spoiler is pulling away because it doesn’t even come close to the shape of the vehicle; that’s not the case with the RPM spoiler. When I dry fitted the spoiler on my vehicle it matched the shape of the vehicle perfectly with no gaps at all. So, when I pulled the backing and permanently attached the spoiler there was no tension that the adhesive had to overcome from the part not matching the vehicle; all it has to support is the weight of the spoiler which is negligible.
I know it’s an incremental cost that you shouldn’t have to shell out, but if I were someone who has tried multiple OEM replacements I probably would have given up in frustration and gone with the aftermarket part.

Upvote 0
I fixed it myself with 3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter and 3M Scotch 5952 VHB Tape. It has not come loose since me doing this! If you end up doing it yourself take your time, make sure everything is super clean! both the underside of the spoiler and trunk. I bet Tesla half the time doesn't clean the spoiler side and just tries putting more tape on.. it has to be pristine, no old tape left! then line everything up, have tape ready to hold it in place, then don't touch it for like 24 hours. Worked like a charm for me!

Upvote 0