TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Rear Cargo Spring Loaded Reliefs, For what?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Bigcountry, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Bigcountry

Bigcountry Member

Sorry for the title but there are four (2 each side) rectangular reliefs located outboard of the 3rd row seat backs. Cant find anything in the owners manual. Was thinking it might be a child seat anchor or a shelf anchor or some accessory. Any ideas? Thx

2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Not sure what a "relief" is. Cargo anchor points? Pics?

3. irishstoutaz

irishstoutaz Member

We were told during our delivery walkthrough that they were for future accessories such as a parcel shelf cover similar to what is offered in the S.

4. Bigcountry

Bigcountry Member

Ok, thanks. Surprised I couldn't find it in the manual. Seems kinda high for a shelf but I guess we'll find out.

5. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

I think there's a (few?) signature owners out there that got a parcel shelf with delivery. Like the 5 seater center console, I'm not sure if or when they'll make this accessory available to the rest of us.

6. Stasla

Stasla Member

I was told at the Meet the X event back in March that these are intended for some sort of a cargo net/hammock type netting that is yet to be revealed.