Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear CF Spoiler Opinion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

I originally owned a P85+, but recently upgraded to a P85DL+. My older P85+ had a CF spoiler and I kind of liked it, but I am not sure if I should put one on this car. Thoughts? Also if you did add a CF spoiler where did you purchase yours at?

Rear CF.jpg

I put one of the eBay $150 carbon spoilers on mine about 2 years ago, and the finish is not holding up well (mine is glossy carbon). It’s getting splotchy/faded areas on it that will not polish out. I’d stay away from the eBay ones
Actual it's been my experience that the cheap eBay ones do better in matte than glossy. Whatever resin they use to seal the surface that gives it that glossy shine has very poor UV protectant seemingly.

I put one of the eBay $150 carbon spoilers on mine about 2 years ago, and the finish is not holding up well (mine is glossy carbon). It’s getting splotchy/faded areas on it that will not polish out. I’d stay away from the eBay ones

Roughly how many hours per day is your car outdoors in the sun? I have one of these spoilers sitting in my garage but I’m not sure if I want to bother putting it on or not.

My car is in FL and outside 3/4 days a week during normal work hours, but I keep a silica sealant on all exterior surfaces and have gloss carbon mirror caps that are holding up just fine. It definitely is the poorer quality of the resin on the eBay spoiler