Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear CF spoiler & range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the spoiler, and intend to get it on my Perf version.

I've only seen the interior CF finish in person, although there is some CF on the exterior of the Model X we don't know if Model S will be the same. It looked good on Model X.

BTW, speaking of exterior CF, did anyone take a close look at the 19" Aero wheels on the recently posted link to Model S pictures?

Screen shot 2012-03-23 at 3.35.45 PM.png

Looks to me like they're trying to represent that the inside ring is CF:

Screen shot 2012-03-23 at 3.38.10 PM.png

I bought a CF spoiler from another owner and installed it on my 60kwh. Noticed a immediate 15 to 30 wh/mi increase. Went from 300 to 325 or so now. So I guess it does affect range but this is nothing scientific. I don't think I'm driving faster either as I am consciously monitoring my speed.

I bought a CF spoiler from another owner and installed it on my 60kwh. Noticed a immediate 15 to 30 wh/mi increase. Went from 300 to 325 or so now. So I guess it does affect range but this is nothing scientific. I don't think I'm driving faster either as I am consciously monitoring my speed.

I did the same thing and purchased a spoiler from a member here on the forums and I haven't noticed any difference in range or energy usage (again very unscientific). My commute also doesn't involve highway speeds so that may be the big difference maker. My last road trip I averaged 275 wh/mi up 95 N from VA to NJ which is about average for me (I averaged about 70mph).

I have noticed no difference in handling either.