Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Coil Spring Suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found out from my mechanic that the rear struts on my coil spring suspension after 2015 Model S with 102K miles are shot. Although he could easily replace them, he cannot get OEM parts. Tesla will charge $900/strut + labor to replace. ( Rear Coil Spring Module -DM S3 (10156020-03-D) ). There seems to be lots of knock-offs on Ebay from China for the struts for less than half the price, and even salvage available.
My guess is that these struts are available from another manufacturer and significant cost savings but I can't cross-reference the equivalent.

I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

Last edited:
I looked them up in the Tesla Parts Catalog, and they are available to order without restriction.

#Part NamePart NumberSales RestrictionRepair QuantityOrder in Quantity
1REAR COIL SUSPENSION MODULE - DM S3 PERF1015620-05-BOver-the-Counter(No VIN)22
1REAR COIL SPRING MODULE - DM S31015620-03-DOver-the-Counter(No VIN)22

Using the App, just select Service, Other, Indicate that this is a parts only order, and list the parts you need and cost estimate for approval. They will order them for you.

You can log into the Tesla Parts Catalog with your Tesla account. Once you log in you can paste this URL in your browser and go directly to the specific part, and any associated parts you may need. Parts Catalog

Specific Link to Your Parts:

Thank you. I cannot access service since I already have an actual install scheduled (which I would cancel if I can get the struts for significantly less). They quoted $900 a piece just for the REAR COIL SPRING MODULE. Does this sound reasonable?

I believe they are the same part as Bilstein's F4-BE5-1719-W1. However I don't think you can buy that part instead from some other supplier.

Last edited:
I have not yet (I think? I hope?) reached replacement necessity -- but I have a couple options in mind that may be of help to you. If you decide to go either of these routes, please update! I would think any shop could replace (or DIY) the coil suspension as they're pretty simple:

These seem to be rebuildable coilovers, a full set of 4 for about $1200 -- which is an enticing price for a full suspension refresh.

I think these are the same parts as the link above, but an alternate vendor, which might have different shipping prices/timing.

My old S had a blown shock when I bought it. I purchased replacement suspension modules for all four corners from autobahnparts.com

The parts were used, of course. I was told the donor vehicle had about 25,000 miles on it. Price was $250 each. All work perfectly.

They have two rear units currently listed. You'll have to call or e-mail them for pricing, they don't put prices on the website for some reason.