Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear defroster requires repair any advise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

avfcbez

M3P MULTICOAT RED
Mar 4, 2022
uk
Hi all

second post, brought a second hand Tesla yesterday and found that the garage for some stupid reason put a advertising sticker right in the middle of the rear window, when looking through the rear view mirror it obstructed the rear view.
I have removed this but it has removed parts of the elements 🤬🤬🤬 most of the defroster works except for a small area at the centre bottom any suggestions on repair, replace or just make do with it.
does this grid have anything to do with the communications such as LTE/WiFi or DAB Reciption.
regards

D

Hi all

second post, brought a second hand Tesla yesterday and found that the garage for some stupid reason put a advertising sticker right in the middle of the rear window, when looking through the rear view mirror it obstructed the rear view.
I have removed this but it has removed parts of the elements 🤬🤬🤬 most of the defroster works except for a small area at the centre bottom any suggestions on repair, replace or just make do with it.
does this grid have anything to do with the communications such as LTE/WiFi or DAB Reciption.
regards

D
There is an FM antenna on the top most part of the glass (where it is tinted). But the other parts are all heating element. As others pointed out, just get a defroster line repair kit, it's easy to fix. You can also ignore it given that the way defroster lines work allow the rest to continue to work even if some are broken, assuming that missing part is not really an issue for visibility.

The "official" fix is to replace the whole glass, but IMO it's not worth it for something like this.

Last edited:
There is an FM antenna on the top most part of the glass (where it is tinted). But the other parts are all heating element. As others pointed out, just get a defroster line repair kit, it's easy to fix. You can also ignore it given that the way defroster lines work allow the rest to continue to work even if some are broken, assuming that missing part is not really an issue for visibility.

The "official" fix is to replace the whole glass, but IMO it's not worth it for something like this.
Cheers all now seen the link didn't notice the difference in color thought it was a title prompt 😄😄, will look to repair myself and let you know how i got on.
Must say i am impressed with the responses on this forum much better than the BMW M3 forum i used to be in you would be lucky to get a reply on there 😄😄.