Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear diffuser - two flavors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
Chrome and black. I didn't (should have...) look close to see if it was matte or glossy black. I think glossy.

This is the first I've seen or heard of a non-chrome rear diffuser being available.

I usually rescale pictures for the forum, but in this case I figured folks might want to have a few more pixels to pore over.

RearDiffuser.jpg

It is glossy black, and it is what comes with the non-tech package cars. The front "whiskers" near the fog lights are also black instead of chrome.

ah I didn't realize that was the 'non-tech' package vs the 'tech' package. It's not like they mention this on the website anywhere. at one point, I thought the whole bottom area was supposed to be carbon fiber for the Performance models, and that the chrome diffuser was only for the Performance models, but then as I saw non-performance models with the same chrome diffuser I just thought they used that on all cars. I didn't realize that there was black diffusers in the back and up front by the lights on non-tech packages.

That's funny - people are paying good money to black out those items.

Yeah, true that!
This is news to me as we'll.
One member black wrapped the nose cone ring... I assumed he also wrapped the other elements on the front end too. Since all he talked about was the ring, I suspect he received then the non tech package - for that more complete blacked out look.

I paid to have all the chrome blacked out with the exception of the two Tesla T's. I just looked at Hometheatremaven's car and he doesn't have the chrome on whiskers and diffuser. I never noticed that prior.

I guess I made my car look as if I don't have the tech package. Oh well...

Last edited: