Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear door alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rear doors on my M3 always looked like that, never bothered me (I knew they can only screw it up more) but recently I noticed rear glass was hitting the back quarter glass because the door was so out of alignment.
Mobile tech fixed the glass but said he can't do actual door alignment out here. And frankly he said if they try to align it will only make it worse..
I don't buy it, I think tesla is just lazy with this..

Reactions: Chemios
Today I pointed on to the mobile tech that the rear passenger door was sticking out a bit (it’s more noticeable in person) compared to the driver side. The drive side looks flush and perfect, however the tech said the passenger side was correct and that the driver side needed to be adjusted. He said the rear doors needs to stick out so wind does not enter in when driving. Can anyone confirm this?
View attachment 606034 View attachment 606033
I have similar issues in my 2022 MYP built 12/2021.

Sorry about my post #26 above. Actually my door alignment issues were different. Here are before and after photos of rear passenger doors after Tesla sent car to body shop.

Sorry about my post #26 above. Actually my door alignment issues were different. Here are before and after photos of rear passenger doors after Tesla sent car to body shop.

Thanks! Out of curiosity, it looks like the black window trim still sticks out on the door compared to the body of the vehicle? Maybe this is semi-normal on the Model Y? I'm guessing it has to do more with the door stamping and probably not adjustable.

pass_side-jpg.776975

Thanks! Out of curiosity, it looks like the black window trim still sticks out on the door compared to the body of the vehicle? Maybe this is semi-normal on the Model Y? I'm guessing it has to do more with the door stamping and probably not adjustable.

pass_side-jpg.776975
Good eye! The black plastic trims in the "before" and "after" photos's probably wouldn't pass The Electric Man's quality checks because he runs his finger over that area & heavily dings a car's score if they don't appear to be flush. My "after" photo makes the door's black plastic trim appear as if it is grossly not flush with the body's black trim. In reality it is not that bad but they are a tad out of alignment. I might be able to get it fixed by Tesla but I'm a bit afraid that other problems might be introduced. So far I've had two service visits. Each visit introduced new issues which were not present before. In fairness, I'm not sure if body shop or Tesla introduced the most recent new issues which appeared after the gaps/alignments were addressed since both facilities did work on the car. Tesla should have noticed the issues I suppose in a final quality assurance check...but it took me a week to notice too. Anyhow after noticing the two issues, I scheduled another appointment and since they were all trim related, a mobile tech came to my house and fixed the issues in about 30 minutes.

Reactions: clickb8
Good eye! The black plastic trims in the "before" and "after" photos's probably wouldn't pass The Electric Man's quality checks because he runs his finger over that area & heavily dings a car's score if they don't appear to be flush. My "after" photo makes the door's black plastic trim appear as if it is grossly not flush with the body's black trim. In reality it is not that bad but they are a tad out of alignment. I might be able to get it fixed by Tesla but I'm a bit afraid that other problems might be introduced. So far I've had two service visits. Each visit introduced new issues which were not present before. In fairness, I'm not sure if body shop or Tesla introduced the most recent new issues which appeared after the gaps/alignments were addressed since both facilities did work on the car. Tesla should have noticed the issues I suppose in a final quality assurance check...but it took me a week to notice too. Anyhow after noticing the two issues, I scheduled another appointment and since they were all trim related, a mobile tech came to my house and fixed the issues in about 30 minutes.
I hear you! I’m on the fence whether I even say anything because I’m afraid they will mess something else up. The rest of my car had been flawless so far and I’m guessing they had some trouble with this door from the beginning as there were some marks on the inside hinges.

Attachments

• B89689B7-EAA6-403C-B3AD-6E57313DBE27.jpeg
    B89689B7-EAA6-403C-B3AD-6E57313DBE27.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 37A3FA34-C556-4E3E-8FD3-9CA08FC3F89B.jpeg
    37A3FA34-C556-4E3E-8FD3-9CA08FC3F89B.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 58
  • C8BD5922-3EB6-4796-8DDA-0699E05187B5.jpeg
    C8BD5922-3EB6-4796-8DDA-0699E05187B5.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 62